Coming to an Understanding

Izuku's POV:

I woke up snuggled tightly next to a softly breathing angry Pomeranian. I chuckled at the nickname and hugged him tighter, reassuring myself that I was really here and he was really there. I smiled and let out a sigh of relief, but as I breathed in again, I caught a whiff of something awful. At first, I thought it was Kacchan, but he had showered last night, and it couldn't have been a fart unless it was one of those deadly silent ones. I sniffed again and realized it was me. I hadn't bathed since I got here because I didn't want to risk being seen, but lord have mercy, I needed a shower—especially after climbing four stories, having some smexy time, and working out throughout the day out of boredom. I shook Kacchan awake, hoping to get over with meeting the pro hero today so I could finally take a shower. (Yes, Deku picked up this language from Bakugou.)

"Hmm, what's wrong?" Kacchan mumbled sleepily.

"I need a shower... like now."

He shifted to sit upright. "Well, how the hell is that supposed to work? You'll get caught, you know how you are."

"Exactly. So can we talk to your teacher today?"

He scratched his scalp. "I mean, it would have to be after school hours. I could ask him for a meeting right now since there are no classes."

"Wait, I thought you said it would have to be after hours... but there are no classes."

He chuckled. "No, you dumbass. There are still students and teachers walking around during school hours. After 3 PM, almost everyone has gone back."

I nervously laughed at my misunderstanding. "Oh, okay, I see. So set up the meeting around that time and then come get me so we can go together."

He ruffled my hair. "Okay, nerd."

Bakugo's POV:

I finally got up from the bed and got ready to leave to find Mr. Aizawa. "I'll come get you when it's all done," I told Deku.

He gave a cute thumbs-up and a smile. "Got it."

With that, I walked out the door and headed to my teacher's building. I found his classroom and him sleeping on the floor with his yellow sleeping bag. He really makes me believe that stupid idea all kids have about teachers living at school.

"Mr. Aizawa!" I called out.

He jolted awake and turned towards me. "What are you doing here, Katsuki?"

I walked in and pulled out a chair from a nearby desk. Mr. Aizawa got out of his sleeping sack and sat at his desk.

"I need to set up a meeting with you later today when no one else is on campus. What would be a good time?" I asked.

"Why would you need it to be when no one else is?"

I sighed. "Look, I can't really say. It's just that I'm trying to do the right thing for once. I thought that out of all the teachers, you would be the most open-minded."

He gave me a questioning look with his arms crossed. "I may be open-minded, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to ask what this is all about. Now tell me, why?"

I shook my head. "You have to see for yourself to fully understand what I'm saying."

He rubbed his temples. "I need more information, Katsuki."

"You'll have to see for yourself. It has to do with someone I've known for a very long time, who's been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and now he's trying to fix his past. We need your help... I need your help."

Mr. Aizawa sighed and looked up. "I'm all for helping kids out. As you can see, I've basically already legally adopted my entire class. But why is this so serious?"

"Because it is serious," I said firmly, meeting his gaze.

He seemed to understand and let out a groan. "Alright, bring him here around 7 tonight. Most of the teachers leave around that time, and just in case, make sure to cover his identity."

I nodded, then reconsidered his statement. "Why do you think I need to keep his identity a secret?"

"Because this entire time you wouldn't even give me a hint of who this boy could be, so I assumed his identity would be a big deal if a fellow teacher saw him."

He gave me a sly look as I walked out. "You better not have messed something up, Katsuki!"

I chuckled. "Yes, sensei!"

Izuku's POV:

Kacchan and I had already gotten ready and headed out to see his teacher. He kept my face covered with a mask and a hoodie to hide who I was. The closer we got, the more nervous I became.

"Are you alright?" Kacchan asked, grabbing my far shoulder and pulling me closer to his body.

"Yeah, I'm alright," I replied nervously.

He had been strangely affectionate and nice lately, but I wasn't complaining.

We made it to the building and went up a few flights of stairs. In a hallway full of blue classroom doors, we entered the one labeled 1-A.

"Mr. Aizawa?" I called out.

A man with long black hair sat at a desk in the corner. He waved us in, and we sat down. I kept my face covered the whole time, worried about what might happen.

"So, who are you, young man?" Mr. Aizawa asked.

I looked over to Kacchan for reassurance, and he nodded. I took off my mask first, then the hood over my head. I saw the teacher's eyes widen.

"You're that kid from a few days ago who was at the villain attack on the school!?"

I nodded.

He rubbed his temples. "I'm not here to judge, just to help. Would you mind telling me your story?"

"Do you think he could stay here?" Mr. Aizawa asked Kacchan.

The surprisingly tall pro hero stood up and kneeled down next to me. "I am willing to allow him to stay, but I have to ask: do you want to be a student here while you stay?"

I thought about it and came to a conclusion. "I did want to be a hero, very badly. But I don't think it's meant to be for me, saving people and such. Maybe I would be better off as a therapist once I sort out my own issues. So no, I'm fine just being here right now."

I smiled bitterly, holding back a few tears after finally admitting the brutal truth aloud. I would never be a hero.

Mr. Aizawa sighed and got back up, reaching for something under his desk. It was a blanket and a set of basic clothes. He handed them to me. "Here, I keep these in case of emergencies with students or others. There's a larger room on the same floor that Kacchan is on now, and you two can live there together. There's also a small bathroom and kitchen in there. It was originally made for the teachers to sleep in, but we decided to revert back to that after the first few villain attacks."

Kacchan had a large grin on his face, which was unusual. I could see he was happy. "Seriously!?"

The long-haired man nodded.

He then guided us out of the room, after I had covered my face again, to the dorms. The entire night, he silently helped us move Kacchan's belongings into the other room at the very end of the hall. After about three hours, we successfully moved everything over. I was surprised it didn't take too long, but then I remembered the original room was tiny and couldn't hold much. The sleepy teacher was just about to leave, but before he did, he turned around to say something to me. "Also, if you ever actually want to come and meet the 1-A students, just ask. I'm sure they would be willing to give you a chance." He gave a warm smile and then left.

After taking showers and getting dressed, Kacchan and I fell asleep quickly in the queen-sized bed. I guess things do turn out well if you have some patience.

_________________________________________

1312 words