𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

I've always found fire captivating. The exhilarating warmth of the flickering light that felt like a drug, intoxicating and addicting.

The drizzle turned into a torrential downpour, continuing relentlessly as I felt a warm body move closer to me and put their hand over mine. I held the hand tightly as I stared off into the distance. People outside hurried into shelters, soaked and dripping by the time some of them arrive into the cafe.

The employees offer towels for the entering customers as each utter their thanks.

We had waited for maybe an hour now for the pair to return but by now, we had assumed they had both gone off elsewhere. I wonder what they're doing as we sat. 

'Hey Sapnap, do you wan-' he jumps as another round of thunder begins. I can feel the tremble in his hand as I frowned, looking at George. I look at him before letting my instincts take over, leaning to embrace him. He doesn't respond for a few seconds, not seeming to have processed the hug, but eventually wraps his small arms around me, nuzzling himself into my sweater.

'Wanna go to yours after the rain dies down?' I say softly, whispering each word as he hugged me harder. He looked up at me with those beautiful, blue eyes and a slight, curious smile as I raised my eyebrow evocatively. He bursts into an adorable fit of giggles as I smile, letting my face rest on his shoulder and I hear him let an embarrassed squeak which only makes me want to tease him more.

'S-sapnap... you're heavy!' George says jokingly as he pushes me off and a frown crosses my face, 'Anyway, the rain has stopped, see? Let's go to mine!' he says hurriedly, pointing outside. I sigh, getting out of my seat as I walk away with the empty containers.

(GEORGE'S POV) 

Why did I do that? He likes me and I think I like him so why did I reject that perfect opportunity? He looks like a sad puppy, my own heart aching in either guilt or remorse; what's the difference even? I watch him from my seat, my own mind betraying me as well.

Oh George, what are you doing? You think he likes you? Oh please George, nobody likes you, stop lying to yourself, you pathetic waste of space. They're all better off without you; your parents, Dream, Bad and hell, even Sapnap. Why are you forging his feelings for you, why are you thinking you're better than you are? You deserved to stay with Samantha, at least she treated you for what you were worth. Bastard orphan, get in your place.

(SAPNAP'S POV)

What have I done? He looks so distressed yet at the same time so out of it. His expression goes from unreadable to an obvious panic so in the spur of the moment, I take his hands in mine. George looks back up at me and then at our intertwined hands and grips onto mine tighter.

We leave the café, our hands still clutched onto each other for dear life as the bitter wind nipped at our skin and a light drizzle upon us. We walked around the familiar, winding streets and paths in a nice but uncomfortable silence. Throughout the walk, i feel the warmth drain away from my hand and smile bitterly before shoving my hand into my pockets, letting out a longing sigh.

We walk, each minute feeling like it would extend to an hour, and by the time we get back, it's dark. George's mum, Patricia, greets us warmly and gives me an quick embrace before returning to the kitchen.

'Sorry, my mum's still so embrasssing after like, who knows how many times you've visited?' he scratches his head.

'Don't worry, at least you don't have my dad. He literally used to smother you in hugs, remember?'

'Yeah but was years ago,' he opens his bedroom door, 'and also your dad is cool.'

'...Glad you think so I guess. Speaking of dads, where's yours? He's usually home by now is he not?'

'Oh,' he plops down onto his bed, 'He's been working overtime. Says he wants to save some money for the summer holiday so we can go on a trip or something.'

I sit down beside him, closing my eyes as I imagine it, 'Won't we be spending our summer with Dream? It will be his...'

The words get caught in my mouth as I try to finish the sentence but all that came out was a hoarse mixture of a laugh and a sob.

I look away, tugging my bandana down to my eyes as the world turns into a translucent white.

I hear a soft, melodic yet bittersweet laugh from beside me, I turn to the source of the voice slowly then I realise I can't see underneath my bandana. I give it a small tug so I can just barely see out of the corner of my eyes. George is in a mess of a silent tears and flops onto the bed, covering his eyes with his arm.

I lay down beside him.

'What will we do without him?'

... I don't know. I met George through him. I broke out of my shell because of him. I overcame my social anxiety because of him.

So many things have happened because of that stupid little green guy.

So many will happen because of that stupid little green guy.

'We'll learn to live without him, right?'

'Yeah. Hey, wanna watch a movie? Happy endings of course.'

'You know I'm a sucker for happy endings, let's go.'

[956 words]

I just found out. My clutch words are 'letting out a...' Also, also, short chapter sorryYyy, suggestions for fillers? I'm running out of ideas and need more time to fix the transitions between plot A and B lol