Within Enemy Lines

A/n

When I point out play Lost In Japan by Shawn Mendes and Love by Kendrick Lamar.

Camila's POV

I wake up the next morning with loud banging on my door. I groan out, still not fully awake, my eyes shut closed. The banging on my door stops and my door opens. It quietly shuts and I hear footsteps on the wooden floor.

"Camila..." The raspy voice whispers.

"Mhmm?" I hum. I stuff my face in the pillow making the person laugh. I feel a hand rub my back and I lift my head turning to look at the person. "Good morning," I whisper with a sleepy smile.

"Good morning," The green-eyed girl smiled brightly. Her hand moved up to cup my cheek as her thumb caresses it. "Why are you so tired?" Lauren questions.

"Take a wild guess," I turn around so I'm looking up at the ceiling.

"Is it about Keana?" Lauren asks turning my head so my eyes stare into hers.

"Yeah..." I trail off, "Do you know what she wants from me?"

"Not exactly it may have to do with something about the charity gala," Lauren says.

"Charity gala?" I question.

"In a couple of nights from now, I have to attend a charity gala with my parents and well Keana," Lauren explains.

"Oh."

"She told me to give you this paper. It has the address on where to meet her," Lauren hands me the piece of paper.

"Thank you..." I trail off.

"So how about I make you breakfast this morning?" Lauren suggests.

"Is Keana here?" I question.

"She was banging on your door," Lauren says.

"Figures." I sit up and lean against the headboard. "What about the boys?" I question.

Lauren trails her hand up my leg and kisses the tip of my nose. "Keana took them out," Lauren whispers.

"So home alone?" I smirk.

"Home alone," Lauren nods.

"And what about after breakfast?" I question.

"We have until noon," Lauren whispers.

"It's 10:30," I said.

"Then let's hurry." Lauren stands up and walks out into the kitchen.

I walk behind her, dragging my feet. I'm still half asleep so don't blame me.

Lauren grabs an apron and puts it on, securing it. (Play Lost in Japan)

"Oh, your cooking?" I giggle.

"I decided to treat you this morning. You deserve it, baby."

"Aw, your so sweet, honey," I rest my chin on my heaved hand. I watch Lauren take out ingredients as I eye every single one of her actions. "Have you cooked before?" I ask.

She looks up at me, "Not in a long ass time so let's see if I still got it." She warms up some butter on a pan. She looks up at me and smirks, "I'm usually the one enjoying the view while you make breakfast."

I giggle, "I didn't know you were enjoying the scenery."

"I try to be as subtle as I can," Lauren smiles, filling up a bowl of pancake mix.

My cheeks warm as I speak again, "What's your favorite thing that you saw?"

"I don't think I can narrow it down to just one. Between your adorable bed head and your cute little pajamas. My eyes just can't focus on one thing," Lauren says. She looks at me with pure affection, "But I appreciate that you put up with my boys even when they are loud and rambunctious before coffee."