24. YOU ONLY

Billie POV

I am on the dance floor, having a lot of fun with a random girl. She is grinding on me and from time to time I am too. The song Meet Me Halfway by The Black Eyed Peas started playing and everyone on the dancefloor just started getting down and dirty. I am having fun but I also miss Jordan. I don't know what she's doing. Maybe i should go back to our lounge. I also start to feel a bit guilty even though we are just dancing.

The girl is getting really heated, she is going wild. I just love when people are having a damn good time. I keep grinding on her from the back in sync to the song. Once in a while I stick my tongue out.

Mid Song, I look over to where the VIP is and see Jordan standing there, not moving. Her eyes focused on us. Before I can think, she is running off into the direction of the exit.

Shit. What have I done.

Without hesitation, I follow her, running as well. What happened? We were just dancing. I told her that I loved her and I meant that.

I run outside, bumping into everyone and everything possible along the way. I don't give a fuck.

I step outside into the cold - that's just what New York is. Cold. I eagerly look around trying to spot my girlfriend.

"Hey. Where did she go?" I stutter, asking the doorman, which is now a different one and not the one from before.

"Who?" He asks plainly.

"A girl. Uhm-" I panic.
"White dress, Nike shoes,..." I can't form a proper sentence.
"Brown hair, cute face. She-"
"She has little purse with her." I finally say.

"Well, uh..." He looks around into the many people that are standing around.
"She must have went that way." He points to the right.

I walk into the direction he pointed to but after jogging down the entire block, i still can't find her.
It's after midnight and I hope she doesn't do anything stupid. I just stand there in the middle of the sidewalk, everyone passing me.
After a minute or so I grab my phone, pressing the call button on her contact.

It rings, and rings, and rings.

"What. Fuck this shit." I curse.

I don't know what else to do. I call Danielle.

"Yes?" She asks.

"You gotta help me find Jordan. She ran away." I say while I jog back to the club.

"What happened?"

"Well. She saw me dance with some other girl and ran away, out of the club. I didn't do anything. This stupid girl was grinding on me." I yell.

"Calm down, Billie. I am coming out." She says and meets me outside, hanging up.

"Shit, Danielle! I Fucked the hell up!" I say, crouching down and burying my head in my knees.

"Billie! She is your girl. Not the one in there!" She says, pointing to the door of the club.

"But what now? She is pissed!"

"I'ma call her." Danielle says, calling Jordan.
"Pick up, pick up." She mumbles.

[...]

"Where are you, beautiful?" I hear her say.

I look up at her from the ground. My eyes teary. I stand up and wait for what she says.

[...]

"Tell me!"