First day back Pt.2

Fast forward to our lunch period and boy when I tell you it was the most awkward time of my life I mean it. People would stare at me as I walked by them. Some of them would even move away from me just because they were scared that I would hurt them. I felt cold and empty inside, like I was an outcast, a dark, sinister, outcast. Before I knew someone purposely got up and pushed me down to the ground. I could barely look up to see who pushed me; the push didn't even cross my mind. I just stared blankly at the ground picking up my backpack and tried to get back up but I was pushed right back down… it was then I built up the courage to look up to see who it was exactly. It was Flash Sentry he looked at me dead in the eyes and threw a punch right at me. My mind wasn't stable at the time to even process his movements so I took the punch dead in my face. The whole school saw me lying on the ground helpless.

Rip~ HEY!!! LEAVE MY FRIEND ALONE!!! 

Flash~ Yeah and what are you gonna do about it Rat? 

Rip stepped up and punched Flash straight in his jaw. It was after the rest of the Dawgs got up and beat Rip to a pulp. As I saw my friend getting beat up something sparked in me… Slowly I started to get up… I felt a burning sensation in my heart telling me to help my friend and protect him. Purple aura started to surround me, my eyes glowing red and my hair went white. 

Dante~ Leave...him...alone… 

Flash~ Tell me why I should?

Dante~ I'll erase you from existence if you refuse… last time I'm gonna say it leave...him... ALONE!!!

Flash paused for a minute he made direct eye contact with me but looked away the very next second. I could tell that Flash was scared of me but he tried not to show it.

Flash~ Let him go guys this runt isn't worth our time. I'll be back for you "Freak".

They let Rip go. I could tell he was badly injured Rip could barely keep his balance just walk over to me. I rushed to him and caught him before his body impacted the ground. I sat him down at a table outside the cafeteria.

Dante~ Are you ok? 

Rip~ Yeah… I'm fine… just a few bruises but I'll be alright.

Rip tried to stand up but immediately fell from a sharp pain. Before I knew it Maggie and Laura ran over to us. 

Maggie~ Oh no Rippy what happened?

Dante~ He took a beating trying to protect me… I'm sorry Rip I feel like it's my fault…

Rip~ Don't worry about it, it's not your fault bro. 

Maggie~ Let me examine you really quick. 

Maggie placed her hand on Rip's head and closed her eyes. 

Laura~ Might not wanna bother her. 

Dante~ What's she doing? 

Laura~ This is her one and only power she can examine any system of a body of any kind and see what's wrong with it. She can also heal them but she hasn't mastered that yet. 

Maggie took her hand off Rips head and opened her eyes.

Maggie~ Your left leg is damaged really bad you also have a fractured rib and your right arm is badly damaged. What did they do to you? 

Rip~ They hit me with their fists and stomped on me… really hard… I don't know how anyone can be so strong… I was completely overpowered by them. 

Laura~ Look I'm not here because I care but I will say that you need to be hospitalized right now.

Maggie~ I agree you can't just walk this one off like you tried to a minute ago.