chapter 1 : our childhood

It was around 5pm in the evening. A six year old Kartik was heading back home. Suvarna was at her friend's house nearby the park where they were playing so kartik was going to where she was.

Kartik was walking to the house. When he reached there he saw a girl standing leaning to the wall outside. Kartik noticed that she was looking dull and went towards her.

"Are you okay?" He asked in his baby tone. The girl looked up at him and saw him staring at her.

"I got a cut on my knee..I fell of my cycle and if my mumma see's this she will scold me..."She said and kartik looked at her knee where the cut was and blood oozed out of it.

Kartik kneeled down infront of her taking his handkerchief and tied it around her knee.

"You will feel better don't worry!" Kartik assured with a smile

"Thank you so much!" She replied

"I am kartik! What is your name?" Kartik asked

"I am Naira!" Naira said with a smile

Before he can say anything else Suvarna came out with her friend.

"Kartik you came already? I was coming to the park to take you!" Suvarna said

"Suvarna this is your son? Kartik!I saw him when he was a baby and now I am seeing him again!"She said

"Kartik this is Akshara aunty! She and her family are very special to us!" Suvarna said with a smile

"Even I have a daughter who is your age! I don't know where she is playing now!"Akshara said looking around for her daughter. Kartik turned around to see Naira but she was not there. Kartik looked around but naira was not there.

"Are you looking for someone?" Suvarna asked

"No maa! I am not" Kartik replied. Suvarna nodded and then they left.

____________________

Next day evening the Goenka's invited the Singhania's for dinner. 

"Maa how long shall I wait?" Kartik whined

"Kartik! Can't you wait for sometime?" Suvarna said and Kartik sighed.

After sometime the singhania's arrived at the goenka villa. Manish and everyone welcomed them warmly while kartik was stunned when he saw a familiar face.

"Naira?" He thought when he saw naira

"Tum!" Both of them said together when they saw each other

"What? You two already know each other?"Akshara asked. They both nodded and then kartik explained how they met.

"Acha it's great that you two already know each other! Kartik take naira to your room and you guys can play for sometime.. once dinner is served we will call you two!" Suvarna said. Kartik nodded and then took naira upstairs to his room.

"Wow your room is so amazing!" Naira said looking around

"Thank you!" Kartik replied with a smile

"So how are you feeling now?Is your knee still hurting?" Kartik asked

"No I feel better now! Thank you for your help!" Naira said with a smile

"So friends?"He asked extending his hand towards her.

"We are already friends!" Naira said shaking her hand with his with a smile.

"Here I have your handkerchief with me. I washed it so here you go!"She said giving him but Kartik didn't take it.