Sunbeams

Halo wasn’t exactly sure whether or not he had heard Skeppy right. Surely he hadn’t, surely it had been just his exhaustion kicking in again. But regardless, as his eyes had dropped closed as he leaned against Skeppy, the words made his heart flutter in his chest. He was purring quietly as he fell asleep, curled against the human boy. Even if he’d only imagined the words, they brought him a sense of peace, and of a possibility, even if only faint, that maybe his feelings weren’t entirely unrequited. 

When he woke up, early morning sunlight had started to filter through the half opened window. He rubbed his eyes, yawning with a quiet sound almost like a whine as he arched his back. As he sat up. ..wait sat up? He looked around where he was, which wasn’t the living room floor anymore. He cast his gaze about the new room trying to get his bearings. 

Instead of being on the cold and uncomfortable floor, he was curled up in a bed, with a light blanket draped around him. There was a nightstand on the opposite side of the bed from him, with an alarm clock. Although a lump in the blankets kept him from reading the time. Like a slap to the face, Halo suddenly realized that he was laying in Skeppy’s bed. He shot up straight and flushed brightly. He distinctly remembered falling asleep on the floor against Skeppy. Surely the boy hadn’t lifted and carried the demon all the way to bed, and then put him in his own bed. Yet, here he was, with exactly having happened. 

He flushed brightly, and tried to quietly slip his way from under the blankets. He was wiggling his way off, and barely had managed to free an arm and his legs before Skeppy, the lump, had rolled over and wrapped a loose arm around his waist. The tanned human sleepily tugged on him, and curled closer to him. Suddenly, he was trapped between a rock and a hard place. 

Either he could try and sneak out of bed again, risking waking Skeppy, and embarrassing himself even more. Or, he could give in, and just lay with him instead. But then both of them would probably be flustered with that. The gentle arm tugged again ever so slightly, and he made his decision. Laying back down and resting his head on Skeppy’s chest as he snuggled with him again. He let his eyes flutter close, despite not being tired anymore, and felt the other’s arms wrap around him, pulling him close and holding him tight. 

Despite no longer really needing the rest, he started to feel himself drift off again in his arms. A light blanket was draped over the both of them, but most of the warmth was coming from Halo’s skin, which was comforting in the chilly early fall morning. 

Skeppy on the other hand had a mischievous grin as he pulled Halo close again, keeping his eyes shut to keep the illusion up. His efforts were rewarded with receiving a snuggly demon boi yet again, and it took all of his will power to not giggle as he hugged him tightly. After a few minutes, and cracking an eye open hearing Halo purr again, he couldn’t suppress the soft giggle. 

Halo’s tail had been idly flicking behind him, and then stiffened as he sucked in a breath and looked up at Skeppy, “How long have you been awake?” 

“Long enough,” He grinned as he held the demon, not really wanting to leave this moment. 

“Did you do this intentionally?” 

“Mmmaybe.” He giggled again as he looked down at Halo whose face was flushed brightly, and he was smiling softly. 

“You little scheming muffin!” 

He slapped Skeppy’s chest lightly as they both burst into laughter as an attempt to diffuse the rather flustering situation. He was grateful for the moment though, especially after last night. It had been a rough day, for both of them. He didn’t want to believe that Bad was on the council. He didn’t know much about their government system, he did know that by being one of the twelve councilmen, Bad was a very strong demon. He also knew that he had to have done something drastic to have gotten himself not only exiled from the Nether, but also having his status revoked. It was all something he didn’t want to think about in the moment, so he pushed it out of his mind, as he twisted to look at the clock. It was almost thirty minutes before he’d normally get up, so it was just over an hour before his first class even started.