Friday

Friday morning came around, it was the following day from the phone call with Finn, and the previous day, Skeppy had opted to skip class against his better judgement. Halo still seemed tired from whatever constant music he seemed to be using, and he couldn’t bear just leaving the demon alone for the day, so he hadn’t. Instead the pair had spent the day together, chatting, Halo talking about what the Nether was like, Skeppy, the modern world, and later they had played a few rounds of Among Us together with some of his friends, and Halo was a shockingly good cook. He made a really good pasta for the two of them, which he was currently eating as he and Halo sat and were watching a movie. They had fallen asleep on the couch like that, and much to Skeppy’s relief, not once was his little slip of ‘I love you’ mentioned, maybe, after all, he’d only said it in his head.

The following morning, both boys were feeling far more refreshed, and the cool fall weather was being staved off by the warm body leaning on him, and even with his phone’s alarm buzzing, he didn’t want to get up. But eventually Bad yawned and sat up, taking away his comfy heater, and forcing him to wake up properly as well. Skeppy began getting ready for class and Bad trailed him like a puppy the whole time, and was currently playing with Skeppy’s hair while he sat and brushed his teeth, sitting on the edge of the tub.

Once he was ready, he looked back at the demon, and hesitated, before asking, “Can you - . . .do you want to come with me today?”

Bad paused a moment, “. . .I’m not sure that’s a good idea.”

It probably was. But his middle name was bad ideas.

“Yeah maybe, but, I don’t want you to be alone all day.”

“I can take care of myself.”

“I. .. I know, but. .please?” He asked quietly, “I liked having you come with me earlier this week. Plus I talked things over with Finn and Tubbo, and I think they understand now.”

Bad tilted his head, pondering Skeppy’s words for a moment, before he smiled softly, and nodded. Shifting to his human form, and adjusting his glasses that were sitting crookedly on his nose as he followed Skeppy on his heels to class.

History class felt like it breezed by, Eret and Bad talked for a little while, and the three of them chatted most of the hour away over actually working, which while it wasn’t responsible, it was fun. Then came his architecture class. As the pair settled into their seats, Tommy and Tubbo came in, both seemed far more tamed today compared to last time he’d seen the duo. Whether that was because of Bad, or something else he wasn’t sure. But Wilbur wasn’t with them either, and usually he was, and now that he thought about it, Tommy hadn’t been in class the day of the confrontation. The teacher began her lesson, and once assignments were distributed, he decided to ask the pair about it.

“Tommy, is everything alright?” Sure he knew why Tubbo may be acting a bit off, but Tommy never was fazed by anything.

The blond jumped slightly, “Huh? Yeah - yeah we’re fine.”

“Where’s Wilbur?”

Tommy hesitated, glancing at Tubbo, and the two shared a knowing look, and neither answered for a long moment, which made his concern raise even more.

“Tubbo? Tommy? Where’s Wilbur?”

Tubbo sighed eventually, and scooted over, speaking in a hushed whisper, “Wilbur is the third demon who’s a part of our team, but he got. . .injured recently, and it's bad enough he’s not able to attend class right now.”

Bad, who’d leaned in to listen, didn’t seem very surprised by this information, in fact, if anything he seemed to have a look of realization, before what was probably an internal facepalm, as well as a silent ‘oh’. Skeppy wanted to ask but before he could, the teacher spoke up giving new instructions for the final that was coming up in two weeks. Which made all of them hush up, and turn their attention back to the front, which prevented him from asking anymore questions.