39. POV

I don't listen to Ariana but this song was everything, hands down. Otherwise, fuck that b*tch. I listened to this song three times in a row. I'll give credit where it's due. 

Lita POV

Looking at her from here feels distant, but when she fucks me in the every time this is as close as we get. Sleeping next to her feels magical to me, but it seems like she doesn't feel the same. My heart was being wasted but it was too late, I had a contract to fulfill. 

She lies on her side facing me, her face was angelic and narrow. . .  Peaceful. Her hair covers her cheeks in waves and she rests her head on her forearm, this is something I want to wake up to every morning and I intend on getting that, getting what I want. I deserve her even if she doesn't know it yet, she just needs to open her eyes up. There is an amazing woman underneath that hard-ass exterior she wears, where she cares for everyone and makes hard decisions to protect those she loves. The same way she fixed me up after Ashley nearly beat me to a pulp, if she didn't feel anything for me she wouldn't have done it, she would've sent me back to the house with the other models instead of bringing me here. 

Her eyes flutter open and she rubs them, yawning and looking at me in silence. "good evening, Mistress," I greet her, a shot of small endorphins runs through my nervous system when I call her that. After all, I am her submissive too and it only gives me pleasure when I can do the minuscule of things for her, even if it's something like this. "coffee?"

"Tea," she corrects me. 

I put a robe on that I had previously left on the headboard and get out of the bed barefoot, walking to our small kitchen to make her a cup of tea, I know Eliza now so I can recall she is preferential to fruity flavors in her tea. I couldn't help but think to myself, of what I could do to bring her closer to me, to be nearer to her love. . .  I would just have to get creative then, perhaps take her out on a date, do something fun, go on a trip somewhere. 

I put the water in a teapot and set it on the stove to boil, as I pick through flavors then put them aside and choose her cup. The pink would do nicely, and then I decide to choose a cup for myself, I know by now she is probably reading the news on her tablet. It's only going to take the water ten minutes to boil and that is all the time I need to go and give her a proper good morning greeting. Eliza is a very grouchy person in the morning, she hated waking up on her workdays and having to get there at a specific work event-- today she spent most of the day in, she claimed she has business to attend to tonight. Most days she came in when she pleased, I was tempted to make her take the day off and do something else. 

I can hear Eliza groaning before I walk back in the room, "what's going on?" I ask her.

She takes her head slowly and chucks the tablet on my side of the bed then pinches between her nose bridge. "word has gotten out that Ashley and I have finalized our divorce, people at work are going to hound me with their apologies and flowers, people are going to think I am weak--"

"Why would they think that?" 

Eliza looked at me and huffed, "marriages are like alliances, as old fashioned as it sounds it is still very much true, the name I built for myself before my wife gave me nothing but adoration, but it turns out after I married Ashley I was seen as untouchable, undateable, a respectable lady with a family to take care of-- therefore giving our family a real name, showing the world that we can't be divided and conquered, and now for my end of the business, I will just be seen as some middle-aged playboy, Leonardo DiCaprio type. . . Marriages in any profitable industry just gives you an edge that a lot of single entrepreneurs don't have."