Prologue

Jung Chae Leah's POV :

It was 00:00, the beginning of another new year that the night sky was filled with colourful fireworks.

"Yah! What are you doing? make a wish!" I was so into fireworks that I almost missed the timing but thank god Sun Hee, my best friend nudged the side of my waist snapping me back to reality.

We were having a new year party in our university. According to the tradition here, the new year party should be organized by the first year students. So this time it was us; in fact, each faculty had their own celebrations.

Seoul National University.

It was my biggest dream to major Law there. And I'm already living in it. It's end of the first semester though. Everyone who was screaming and clapping so loud a few seconds ago were already silent, making their own wishes. I closed my eyes as well, putting my palms together.

"I wish this year to be the luckiest and happiest year for me!" I felt my lips form a soft smile as I opened my eyes.

Everyone came back to their cheerful state as some of them were joining to  have some barbeque while others were chit chatting here and there in other different huts. Sun Hee dragged me to the barbeque hut joining the food gang.

"Yah!! This looks so good!" She blurted out with greedy eyes biting on some meat. I unlocked my phone to see the time,even though I knew it was past midnight.

Hyuka : noona...

Hyuka : when are you comin?

Yesterday : 23:23

I saw the text message notification on the lockscreen that my little brother has left.

"I think I should go home now" I muttered to myself as I locked the phone again.

"Oh com'on Leah~ its new year! Let's have some fun ah? Here, look how yummy this barbeque is" She whined, pushing a piece of meat inside my mouth.

Woah.

I wasn't even that hungry but that meat was so damn tasty. In the next second,I found myself stuffing meat inside my mouth like I was starving for days.

"Hahaha, slow down girl, you're gonna burn your tongue" Sun Hee giggled, lightly smacking my back.

"Don't forget to drink water after eating these"

"Why?" Sun Hee asked, through the bites of some pieces of meat.

"Because or else ghosts are gonna follow you to home"

"Goodness gracious Leah, stop that! Ughh you're giving me creeps!"

"Ahhahahaha but that's true 😂"

"Oh my god!! You've watched way too much kdramas girl!!" She grabbed a water bottle on the table beside and chugged it down out of frustration.

"How are you going back home though?"

I asked her adjusting my spectacles on my nose bridge as she was putting the plastic bottle aside. To be honest, I've never been this late to home before. So I was kind of worrying. I mean of course I can take a taxi but–

"Han is here too so–"

"YAH!! WHAT ABOUT ME THEN?"

"Hahahaha calm down, I'm just kidding~ I'll ring my oppa" She winked at me before dialing her annoying brother, Kang Daniel's number. Woah she really knows how to take it back on me ugh.