2- Fool-proof plan - taegi

Prompt: Jimin, Tae's best friend, rigs the Secret Santa because he knows Tae has a crush on Yoongi.

—————

Jeongguk shook his head as Jimin meticulously cut the papers with their names — except for two — printed on it, grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"Jimin-hyung", he sighed, "this is a terrible idea."

"Allow me to disagree with you", the short blond male flippantly dismissed his concerns. "It's a great idea. I'm a genius."

"It's a terrible idea", Jeongguk stressed out the word. Jimin ignored him, putting the little papers neatly inside an upside-down Santa hat. "Seriously, they don't even know each other that well!"

"Youngjae and Mark-hyung started dating not too long after New Year's Eve, last year", Jimin pointed out as if this was an irrefutable proof that his plan was perfect. "And they'd gotten closer after being each other's Secret Santa. Am I right or am I right?"

"Yeah, okay", the younger huffed, "but that's not the same—"

"How is it not the same thing?" Jimin countered, now cutting the paper with Taehyung and Yoongi's names written countless times on it. "Tae and Yoongi-hyung just have to become each other's Secret Santa, they will try to go to you and me for advice, we give them great pointers, they are thrilled to get thoughtful Christmas presents, they talk during the Christmas party, we push them under the mistletoe if they're being too dense, they end up together. My plan is fool-proof!"

"Damn, you really thought this through, didn't you."

"As I said, fool-proof."

"Yeah, except Yoongi-hyung will see straight through your bullshit."

"And that, my friend", Jimin grinned once again, separating the papers with Taehyung's name and the papers with Yoongi's name in two neat little piles on the table, "is why you're the one making Yoongi picking his secret Santa. I need you to pull the cute and clueless baby cousin card."

"Why would I even do that?" Jeongguk huffed, crossing his muscular arms over his equally muscular chest and Jimin almost rolled his eyes — show-off. "Hyejin-noona's also our cousin, and Yoongi-hyung likes her, too!"

"Because she's always hanging around Jackson-hyung and Bam Bam, and the two of them haven't ceased teasing Tae and Yoongi-hyung altogether. If she does it, it's gonna look fishy. Plus, Jin-hyung and I are always the ones organising the Secret Santa. I may be Tae's best friend, but you're dating Jin-hyung and you're his cute and innocent cousin. He won't suspect anything if it's you."

The younger let out a long sigh, and Jimin almost beamed in satisfaction because he knew Jeongguk was going to cave any second now.

"You're sure Tae-hyung has a crush on Yoongi-hyung, right?"

"Are you kidding me? He can't stop talking about Yoongi-hyung. It's always 'Yoongi-hyung this', 'Yoongi-hyung that', and if Tae's seen him briefly on campus? I could sell poetry books and become rich with all the bullshit that comes out of his lovesick mouth. Wheein and I can't deal with this fuckery anymore."

"Wait, Wheein-noona knows about your little schemes?" Jeongguk perked up in disbelief.

"She's actually the one who suggested it." Jimin had thrown the papers with Taehyung's name in a smaller, green Santa hat, and the papers with Yoongi's names on a Christmas sock. He handed the little Christmas hat to Jeongguk with authority.