19- Stay forever (as long as you'll have me) - taejin

Prompt: It's Tae's first Christmas since a tragedy.

—————

"You're sure it's okay for me to be here?" Jin asked for the umpteenth time, turning his head to his boyfriend with a soft but worried smile.

"You know I wouldn't have proposed for you to come if it wasn't. Besides, it's a bit pointless to ask now, Hyung", Taehyung teased. "We're literally in front of my parents' house."

Jin looked forward again, biting his plump bottom lip. From their seats in the car, they could see the wooden portal and Taehyung's family house. It was still fairly early in the afternoon, but the lights were on. Thin stripes of smoke danced out of the chimney. A thin layer of snow was lying on the roof, covering the ground, the two cars and the bare trees in the front garden. There was a lonely swing suspended on one of the sturdiest branches, the polished piece of wood and the worn-out ropes proof of its old age. Jin pictured a little Taehyung with his even littler siblings, taking turns to push each other and laughing in the wind, their little legs pointed towards the sky.

"Should we go?"

Taehyung broke him out of his thoughts, placing a gentle hand on his thigh. Jin gave the younger man a last look before pressing on the gas pedal. The car slowly engaged into the driveway, closer to the house that held so many memories for Taehyung. Jin parked their car next to the two others. They were in the process of unloading when excited voices came from the behind.

"Hyung!"

"Oppa!"

Jin turned around just in time to see an undefined shape colliding with Taehyung, his boyfriend groaning under the impact but chuckling and hugging his siblings back.

"Taeeun-ah, Hansung-ah!" he shouted happily.

The two youngsters detached themselves from their brother, wearing matching boxy-smiles that reminded Jin of Taehyung's. They were all, undoubtedly, siblings. Then Taehyung made a gesture in his direction and the kids looked at him.

"This is Seokjin-hyung, my boyfriend. Hyung, my sister Taeeun and my brother Hansung."

"Hello!" They both bowed politely.

"Nice to meet you", the eldest bowed, too. "Let's talk casually to each other."

"Wanna give us a hand?" Taehyung asked, pointing to their luggage — they were only staying a weekend, but one could have thought they were going on a two-week trip with the amount of bags they'd stacked in the boot.

"That's... a lot of stuff", Taeeun blinked.

"Well, we have a lot of gifts for some of you", Taehyung gave her a pointed look, "and we have Yeontan with us, too."

"You brought Yeontan along?" Hansung clapped his hands.

"Baby is sleeping in his little cage, in the back."

"Can I?"

"Yes, but be careful not to jostle him too much, okay?"

"Yessss! You're the best, Hyung!"

Hansung carefully got the puppy's cage and his bag of necessities out of the car, immediately taking off to the house and cooing along the way. Taehyung chuckled while Taeeun rolled her eyes.

"And that's all the help you're gonna get from him."

"Well, you are more than welcome to help us, Taeeun-ah", her brother quipped.