7- I've got you (wrapped around my finger) - vhope

Prompt: Taehyung can't wrap gifts to save his life. Hoseok is his neighbour and can help.

—————

If you asked Kim Taehyung, he would say he was a crafty man. He had mastered how to tie his shoelaces at the age of three. He drew and painted almost as easily as Jeongguk won every game of Overwatch they played together — that fucker. He had played piano for a while, too. He was good at giving massages. He had big hands with deft fingers that could serve a wide variety of purposes. Unfortunately, gift wrapping wasn't one of them.

It was not that gift wrapping was that complicated in itself, he reasoned. It's just that the wrapping paper was always too big or too small, the edges not cut as well as he'd hoped. Or the tape got stuck the wrong way to the paper, and then he couldn't rip it without damaging the paper, so he had to leave the wrinkled piece of tape as it was. Or the edges that were supposed to be folded didn't make a nice, triangular shape like his mother's did. And the few times Taehyung had tried to wrap a ribbon around the packages, to hide a wrinkled piece of tape or scratch on the paper, he'd almost ended up with his blood flow cut off from his finger.

So every year, around Christmas, Taehyung would face a major crisis. Not that his family would mock him or anything, they all knew about his predicament and his mother kept insisting that the present underneath was more important than the wrapping, anyway, but Taehyung wanted to do everything the right way. Plus, his family was big. This year, his twin sister Jisoo would be there with her husband Youngjae and their ten-month-old daughter Chaeyoung — the newest addition to their family. His brother Seokjin was coming back from Japan where he currently lived with his wife Heeyeon and his two daughters, eight-year-old Somi and five-year-old Soyeon. His other brother Namjoon was driving all the way down from Ilsan with his boyfriend Jeongguk and their adopted five-year-old little boy, Yejun. His youngest aunt Yongsun would also come with his little cousin Wheein — he'd forgotten her age because he hadn't seen them often, but she couldn't be older than ten. And as usual, his cousin Seojoon, who had unfortunately lost both his parents, had been invited by his grandmother to spend Christmas with them in their family house in Daegu.

All that unnecessary introduction to his family meant that Taehyung had a lot of presents to wrap. He had many nephews and nieces and cousins to give presents to. Taehyung liked children and wanted to be that cool uncle/cousin they would look up to. And handing the kids presents in crooked wrappings wasn't cool.

So there Taehyung was, pacing back and forth on his balcony, claiming that some fresh, although polluted air would help him think of a solution, when the doors of the balcony on his left slid open, revealing his — handsome — neighbour. The man was wearing a thick scarf and a beanie, although he didn't have a coat on. He was holding a pair of shoes Taehyung suspected he had just cleaned and was putting on his balcony to dry. The air was fresh, but it was not freezing, and the sun was bathing Seoul in its cold winter rays. His neighbour, who couldn't but much older than Taehyung, turned his head to him and offered him a little wave.

"Oh, hello, neighbour-ssi!"

"Hi", Taehyung smiled back, tugging the edges of his coat closer to his body.

"Weather's nice, uh?" his neighbour continued conversationally, putting his shoes aside and picking up a discarded umbrella.

"Sure", Taehyung agreed. "Were you doing some cleaning?"

"Ah, yeah. It's Saturday, figured I'd tidy up my apartment a little. And I saw some of my shoes were covered in mud, so..." His neighbour shrugged. "What about you?"

"Thinking."

"Ah. Do you have a lot of things on your mind, neighbour-ssi?"

"Nothing too serious, I can reassure you", Taehyung smiled. "It happens every year, but I'll find a solution."