4- It all started with Rock Bison - yoonjin/sin

Prompt: Yoongi is desperate to find a particular item (book/toy/etc.) as a present for someone, but it's been sold out everywhere. Jin helps.

—————

Yoongi was a good uncle. He wasn't the overbearing type, or the "parent number two" type, or the sleazy type. He was maybe a bit grumpy sometimes, and his piano was always off-limits, but overall he was doing a good job. He was there to do the occasional pick-up from school. He had installed a kid-sized bed in one of the spare rooms when his sister had to go on an overseas business trip. He was a decent cook. He knew how to take care of a household, he had laundry days and cleaning days in his weekly routine. He wasn't the most energetic, he knew that, but he could play with toys, and Legos, and do painting, and origami, and he never called for bedtime until the end of an episode of Chef Amago — even if it was technically past bedtime and over the allowed TV time that his sister had set up. Because Yoongi was a good uncle.

So when his adorable five-year-old nephew Beomgyu asked for a particular gift for Christmas, Yoongi was determined to get it for him. Because he loved the kid with all his might, and also because he was that cool uncle that secretly liked to spoil his nephew. That was going to be a piece of cake.

What he hadn't anticipated, though, is that the item in question was a Beyblade top that had been promoted by some idol a few weeks ago, and that had resulted in a drastic increase of sales. All the fans had rushed to buy the item that the idol had said was reminding him of his good old childhood days. Sales went through the roof, and now the product was sold out almost everywhere. And while Yoongi had nothing against idols and fanbases in general, he couldn't help but give the stinky eye to all the posters and billboard commercials starring the man's smiling and photoshopped-perfect face. Not that he wasn't handsome as he was, Yoongi supposed he must have been if he had made it this far in the entertainment field. But Yoongi's grudge against Park Jimin grew as the days passed, and he was still unable to find a shop that sold that goddamn Rock Bison thing in all South Korea.

"This is ridiculous!" he groaned, taking out his shoes and throwing them away under the mildly judging glare of his roommate Seokjin.

"No luck this time, either?" the older male offered from where he was seated, on the sofa in their living room, a newspaper — an actual newspaper, made out of paper — in his sophisticated hands and his round glasses perched on his perfect nose, looking every bit like the young and handsome chaebol he was supposed to be.

"This is getting fucking ridiculous", Yoongi drawled out again, hopping on the sofa next to Seokjin and grabbing the elder's mug on the coffee table to gingerly take a sip. The other man sighed but didn't chastise him for his impertinent behaviour. "How come a child's toy is being sold out just because some blondie idol talked about it on a goddamn stupid talk show? He didn't even actually show it or play with it!"

"It's Park Jimin we're talking about here", Jin countered, amused at Yoongi's fit — one of the many he'd already witnessed in the past weeks.

"So what if it's Park fucking Jimin?" Yoongi fumed, his eyebrows twitching in a way that was too adorable for Seokjin's heart. "I don't fucking care, even if it was the President, this is just some sort of preposterous—"

"Yoongi-yah", Seokjin chuckled, not even feeling guilty of laughing at his friend and roommate's predicament. "Jimin is part of Wings, one of the most famous boy groups right now. They've been breaking records both in the country and abroad. They topped the Billboard charts with their songs "Singularity of an Ego" and "Euphoria is a Lie" and got nominated at the Grammys this year. They are famous. That means their fanbase is huge."