Chapter 3-Party

Dakota's POV
It was the day of the party, and honestly I was excited because it was the first week of summer and we were already turning up. I didn't know who was going to be there and honestly I didn't care because I was only going to have fun. I couldn't lie and say that boys didn't interest me because they did but I wasn't crushing on anybody. After last summer I was trying to lay low off the boys. I almost got pregnant and that was something I couldn't let happen because for one, my parents thought I was some saved virgin which I wasn't so if I got pregnant that would've fucked me up completely. Plus the guy who it was from was an asshole, he cheated on me with some girl from Sacramento and I was scarred and hurt after that. So this summer I just promised  to myself that I'll just focus on me and have fun with my friends instead of sacrificing my life for a boy who don't really care about me.

I waited until my parents were asleep and quietly and quickly got dressed then I snuck out the back door. I hated doing this because this was annoying as fuck. Having to sneak out or lie about where I was going was getting so old. Sometimes I wish I was my sister, so I wouldn't have to live in this house with my strict and godly parents. It sucked how they tried to keep me away from the things that I was exposed to. I've been doing bad shit since middle school, I just never skipped class or school with the rest of the girls because I knew if my grades started to slip then my parents would be on my case. Summer was different though because I could just lie and say I was at bible study or with the church committee. Nights were easy though because my parents went to sleep early and that was golden, I just had to be back into the house before 5 because they woke up early.

Once I snuck out, I ran toward Brook's car so we could head out.
Brook: fuck took you so long!

Dakota: you know it's a process for me to get out my house

Brook: oh yeah I forgot, my bad bitch. Why they like that though?

Dakota: honestly bro I don't know, they always been like this ever since I was younger

Brook: poor you, I don't know what I would've done if my parents were that strict

Dakota: tuh, I don't think anybody would know what to do, you just wake up everyday and just learn how to deal with It. Strict/ religious parents just make good liars and teach you how to be more sneaky.

Brook: that's tough, I know you can't wait to leave the nest

Dakota: got that right, but we headed to get Alina right?

Brook: yessir. I just really wished that she was wearing something that she likes tonight

Dakota: me too, but we all know how Christina is

Brook: I know...why are we even friends with her?

Dakota: for our own selfish reasons
Brook was quiet after that, when she got silent that meant that she agreed but didn't want to fully admit to it. Christina was a bitch all the time, she could be cool sometimes but most of the times she was fully a bitchy brat and we were only her friends just for cool points. Everybody wanted to feel apart of something and wanted that popularity Christina had and if we got second hand popularity we were all for it. It seemed stupid after the fact because you finally look back and see how unimportant it was but in that moment it seemed like the most important thing in this world.

We picked up Alina and headed over to Christina's house for the big party. The adrenaline in my body was rushing because it just felt like tonight was going to be filled with nothing but fun.
As soon as Brook pulled up I saw that damn car. An all black Malibu and I knew exactly who it was, it was Dre...my ex boyfriend.
Dakota: that bitch!

Brook: huh?

Alina: Dakota what's wrong?

Dakota: Christiana! SHE INVITED MY EX!