Chapter 9

Y/N and Ratchet made their way to the cold of Batalia along with his new allies, Talwyn, Cronk, and Zephyr.

Y/N: Rangers, this is Hunter with Ratchet. We're approaching your position.

Brax: Roger, Hunter. You guys get to the Starwatch Defense Cannon and show those Blargs who they're messing with.

Cora: Hunter, Ratchet! Come in! I'm engaging hostile forces inside the city and I need back up!

Y/N: Copy that, Cora. We're near your position.

Sparky flies Y/N's ship near a platform before you are teleported out of the vessel. The ship heads for the orbit of the planet near the Phoenix. He then draws out his Elder of Judgment rifle. Ratchet, Talwyn, Cronk, and Zephyr also land near his position with their weapons drawn out.

Y/N: Let's go kick some ass, guys. And Sparky?

Sparky: Yes, Guardian?

Y/N: Play me something with a little kick to it.

Sparky: I know just the one.

Y/N smiles as the music plays. Ratchet hears it from the the Guardian's helmet speakers.

Ratchet: Hey. That's a nice jam.

Y/N: Thanks, Rookie.

He takes cover behind some crates before shooting at the Warbots. They get blown up before Y/N sees Cora pinned down by a few Warbots.

Talwyn: I got them!

She pulls out her Multi Stars before throwing them at the warbots. The stars impact the machines, slicing them apart. They then fly around hitting them again and again before they finish the robots off. The stars dissolve after they have done their job.

Y/N and Ratchet were amazed about Talwyn's weapons. They reach to Cora after the robots were destroyed. Cora sees the gang before looking at Talwyn.

Cora: Talwyn Apogee.

Talwyn: Hello, Cora. Been a long time since we last met.

Ratchet: Wait! You too know each other?

Zephyr: Yeah! She's Cora's cousin!

Y/N, Ratchet, Sparky, & Clank: Cousin?!

Sparky: We should keep moving.

Y/N: We'll talk about this later, but right now, we have to get to the Star Watch Cannon!

Y/N leada the group down the path before they see a small building on the other side of a gap. More Blarg troops arrive.

Blarg: Don't let them reach the Star Watch Cannon!

They open fire on the heroes who took cover. Y/N emerges before shooting his rifle at the enemy. Cora fires her weapons as well. All of a sudden an explosion nearly knocks Cora and she slams into Y/N.

Talwyn: Cora!

Ratchet looks and sees a tank.

Ratchet: We got a tank!

Cora sees herself on top of Y/N before getting off. She grabs her Combustor before seeing the tank. Y/N also sees the tank shooting at them.

Y/N: You pricks asked for it!!

Y/N draws out the Gjallarhorn rocket launcher before aiming at the tank.

Y/N: You're fired.

Y/N pulls the trigger and the rocket is fired at the tank. The missile strikes the turret before impact. The missile splits into smaller ones striking the bottom of the tank. The tank then explodes into a huge fireball. Pieces of the tank fly out before they kill Blarg and Warbots alike.

From the skies, Brax sees the fireball from his ship before smiling with glee.

Brax: Nice.

Back on the ground, Ratchet, Clank, Cora, Talwyn, Cronk, & Zephyr were amazed about the weapon's power. Y/N puts the launcher away before pulling out his Elder of Judgment rifle.

Y/N: Let's go.

The group continues to advance forward across the area before reaching to the fortress before being stopped by large turrets.

Drek: Ugh, I cannot rely on you idiots to kill one Galactic Rangers!! I will make you suffer if you don't do your jobs correctly!! DO. NOT. FAIL. ME!!

Cora: Sounds like someone's pissed off.

Y/N: Is music to my ears.

Cora: By the way, what was that music you'd played?

Y/N: Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones.

Cora: Nice.

Y/N takes out his binoculars to see a few Blarg troops, Warbots, and two tanks guarding a fortress.

Y/N: It's well fortified but, not for us.

Cronk: Let's get out there and blast them.

Y/N: We need to flank them.

Ratchet sees a metal pathway.

Ratchet: I can make a path for you guys.

Talwyn: I'll go with you.

The two may there way around to flank the defense.

Y/N: Where's Qwark by the way?

Cora: He said he had some "Urgent Ranger business" to take care of.

Y/N: What do you mean?

Qwark: Hey team. Just wanted to apologize for the delay. I am proud of you cadets. I would be with you on the frontline if only those massages were rescheduled.

Y/N: You have got to be kidding me! You mean to tell me Captain Qwark is out having a massage while we bust out asses for the galaxy?! If I see him, I'm opening up a can a whopass and serve it to him.

Y/N grabs one of his Hunter Grenades before throwing at the enemies. The grenade explodes into three grenades and they neutralize everything. Y/N looks at Cora, Cronk, and Zephyr before nodding.

They regrouped with Ratchet and Talwyn before reaching the Star Watch Cannon. One last Blarg stands guard.

Y/N: One more!

Everyone opens fire on the Blarg before he falls down dead.

Y/N: Rest in pieces.

Ratchet and Clank had gotten the Star Watch Cannon back online before destroying the Blarg Warships.

Brax: Way to go! The Blargs are retreating!

Cora: Nice job, Rookie.

Y/N: That's how we do it.

Cora smirks before she pushes Y/N to the wall of the fortress. She leans in close to him.

Cora: I can't wait to see you without that helmet.

Y/N: Yeah.... great.

Sparky: I smell love here.

Y/N: You don't have a nose.

Cora giggles before she turns around to walk, swaying her hips side to side.

Y/N: I can't wait to be with her.

Requests are open