The Yule Ball

Hello y'all! Sorry for the small delay in updating. There's been a lot going on, as I've mentioned before. Trying to take each day in stride! I also wanted to give you all a bit of a longer chapter to really soak in these precious moments and build a little character development with some people. Plus, this will be the last of the smut for a little while. That being said, this is a VERY long chapter. Much longer than I anticipated. I hate not being super consistent with chapter length, so please forgive me for that. I normally like to keep chapters at around 10-15 minutes of reading time as I know everyone's time is precious, but indulge me just this once. :p

As I've mentioned at the start of the story, I've switched events around and the timing of stuff/how stuff happens. So some events to come later will not occur how they did in the books/movies just to make it so that I don't have to do a large time jump or that I'm writing filler for a year or two worth of schooling. That also being said, we're sorta kinda maybe hurtling towards the end of the story. I can't say for sure how many chapters, especially because there's this special thing I have in mind that I'm going to break down into separate, very short chapters for individual characters. So hold onto your butts!

As always, thank you so much for all the support and love. It truly means more to me than I can ever express. Your comments always bring such a big smile to my face, and I always look forward to hearing how you felt. Enjoy!

Christmas break was over in a flash. It hurt your heart to leave the burrow and the rest of the Weasley's, but you knew it wasn't goodbye forever.

Upon arrival back to Hogwarts, you were surprised to find a rather large and ornate box sat on your bed.

"What's that?" asked Hannah.

"No idea."

You picked up the small, black envelope attached to the top and opened it.

Hi beautiful.

I heard you didn't have a dress. I thought this would look radiant on you. If you don't like it, that's okay. Let me know ASAP, and I'll take you on a quick shopping trip to London.

Fondly,

D.M

You undid the intricate bow  and took the top off the box. Inside was a gorgeous, champagne colored dress. It went all the way to the floor, had long, lace sleeves, a deep A-line plunge, and a flowy chiffon skirt. The body looked tight, like it would hug all your curves. The bottom was billowy and looked perfect for floating around the dance floor like a princess all night long.

"Holy shit," screeched Hannah. "Where'd you get that?"

"Draco bought it for me...for the ball."

"Wowie, he must really like you."

"We're just friends, Han. Anyway, I can't accept this. It probably cost a fortune!"

"Um, hello? He's a MALFOY. They're filthy rich. To him, it was probably only a few quid."

"Maybe, but still. I have to go find him."

You draped the dress on your bed and quickly departed the common room to the Slytherin one. Luckily, the password was still the same. 

You waltzed into the common room in a tizzy. You weren't even sure if he was here, but luckily enough, you found Blaise who was probably sure to know where he was.

"Blaise, thank Merlin. Do you know where Draco is?"

"He's in his room, and hello to you too. My Christmas was good, how about yours?"