Chapter 6

"Today's training will be a little different," Mr. Aizawa said, "You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you."

At this, the class erupted in chatter. I couldn't be bothered to listen. I continued absently staring at the back of Bakugo's head, only able to think about what I heard yesterday.

Does that mean he likes me?! . . . Nah, that can't be right. Boys can get hard randomly . . . right?

Just to be sure, I whipped my phone out under my desk. Making sure my sound was all the way down (cuz miss google loves to randomly speak the results), I opened Google.

 I typed, 'can boys get boners randomly?'

The results read, 'Erections, or boners, can happen at any time and without stimulation. Males of all ages can experience random erections, often first thing in the morning.'

Whew.

Everyone got up and clamored towards the costumes.

"Wait, what's happening?" I asked, realizing I hadn't been paying attention.

"We're going somewhere for rescue training idiot," Bakugo huffed.

"Oh!" I scrambled up to get my costume.

~*~

I walked outside in my hero costume with the other students. A sleek blue and white bus awaited us outside.

Iida rushed forward and blew a shrill whistle. Where did he even get that?!

"Gather round class 1-A! Using your student numbers, form two neat lines so we can load the bus efficiently!" he ordered.

Most people just ignored him, climbing onto the bus haphazardly.

I was the last one to get on the bus. I walked down the aisle, looking for a seat. Unfortunately, the only one open was all the way in the back of the bus, besides. . . Bakugo.

"Tch," he grunted as I awkwardly sat down beside him.

We sat in silence, and though the tension eventually faded, it never went away. The rhythmic movement of the bus was getting me very sleepy. 

My eyelids began to droop, feeling heavier and heavier with each passing second.

I drifted into unconsciousness, and a new reality formed in my dreams.

I was in what looked to be a dining room. The room seemed to be decked out in party decorations for someone's birthday. 

A tasty looking obviously homemade cake with candles appeared on the table. I sat down in front of the cake. The icing on top spelled 'Happy Birthday L/n!'

People appeared all around the table. I looked around and realized they were all people I knew. Family, friends, and classmates looked back at me. 

They were all singing. As they materialized, their voices faded in, singing the last few lines of 'Happy Birthday'.

" . . . Happy birthday to you!" they finished.

I blew out the candles and everyone clapped enthusiastically, the people closest to me hugging me and patting my back.

"Thanks so much for all this!" I beamed. "I love you all."

. . .

Their celebration stopped abruptly. Their previously cheery faces went terrifyingly slack. They all stared straight forward at nothing.

"That's the problem," they droned in unison. I could hear the unnaturally loud creaking sounds of their neck bones as they simultaneously turned their heads towards me.