𝐗

𝐗: THE MARK IN THE SKY

The Hogwarts year had finished by now. We were all back home, enjoying our summer break after all of the stress and drama that had happened during the OWLs.

I was at home and so was the rest of my family, minus Marie and Johnathan, who were in Manchester visiting a friend of hers that had a small child. They were going to spend the night over there.

The sun was starting to set and mum was humming a familiar tune in the kitchen. It was the melody of Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley.

The smell of dinner invaded my senses. Mum was making Nicholas's favorite, chicken risotto. Anything mum made always tasted like heaven.

Dad was in the living room, staring intently at the television who displayed the latest news.

The attacks on muggles were starting to be more frequent. To the muggles, they were unexplainable, seeing as there was not always bloody victims left behind.

But I knew better. And how much it worried me.

For now, my worries were washed away, I had received my OWL results and was satisfied with them. No failing grades. Plenty of Es, one A and two Os.

My parents were also happy with my results so we were getting ready to go have ice cream after dinner.

Soon mum called me to the table, having finished cooking.

We sat around the table and ate, talked and laughed. Mum also received plenty of compliments from Nicholas, who was more than pleased with dinner.

After eating and clearing the table we all gathered at the front door, coats in hand and off we went, towards the ice cream parlor.

During the ride there we cracked jokes and played games. At some point dad bust out his dad jokes.

We collectively raged when a dickhead decided to get himself in front of the car, causing the dad to swerve and nearly hit an old lady who was trying to go on with her life.

Fortunately no one was hurt.

We did manage to make the rest of the trip to the parlor alive and well.

As always I chose mint chocolate chip with chocolate sauce. Mum had strawberry sorbet, dad had Amaretto ice cream and Nicholas had vanilla and chocolate with caramel sauce.

We ate our ice cream, my choice of flavour being insulted a couple of times by my family.

We got back in car and made our way back home.

As soon as the door was open someone pinned dad to the wall.

"Hello there. I see you filthy muggles are home." A chilling male voice was heard.

A man came out from the shadows, flanked by his masked companions who held their wands high, in an offensive stance.

He had pale snake like skin with red eyes. He stared at me, and grinned.

"I knew I'd find you here. Lucy Dashwood." He said. The way he said my name was giving me chills. And not in the good way.

"R-really?" I cursed myself for stuttering but I still took a stance in front of my my mum and brother.

They still hadn't released my dad, so I was getting ready to fight if needed.

My hand was in my pocket, where my wand was currently residing. With the recent attacks on muggles I was being extra careful, going as far as putting my entire education and magical life on the line.