Chapter 16 - he came back

A few weeks passed before you could reach the harmony with the Force to allow you feel better about your child loss.
Kylo never left your side. He started to some meditation sessions in order to let his Force flow around you and send your bad thoughts away. He put so much effort in making you feel better he even suspended the unification of the galaxy.

He needed to see your smile again, he couldn't go on without it.

There he was, sitting on his throne in front of a huge crowd of Siths. The machines attached to his body were making silent vibrations as they ignited life into him.

He spoke in his harsh voice. "My servants, we got the First Order. We made them fall into our trap, they thought everything started from Icarus, they absolutely don't suspect about me coming back. Well, they're wrong" everyone laughed, a choir of laughs echoed in the dark cave.
"We don't have to do anything more, they will find us." Palpatine smirked. He raised his hands and lightning started coming out from his fingers.

You felt the hair on the back of your head stand. You opened your eyes and got down on the pillow. Kylo stopped levitating too.
You were shivering and your face was pale in terror. Kylo got immediately worried. He put a hand on your shoulder.
"Kylo... something's wrong. Extremely wrong. I feel an interference in the Force. Can you feel it too?"
Kylo closed his eyes and let the Force surround him again. He gasped when he saw two eyes in his mind he couldn't fail to recognise. He opened his eyes and jumped on his feet.
"Y/n, we have to go, NOW. The whole galaxy depends on this mission."
"Kylo what was that? I felt a cold presence, something extremely dangerous"

He didn't know if he should tell you or not. You were already shook. Then he understood it had to be done.
His words made you froze, your mouth fell open and you got goosebumps.

"Y/n... He's back"
"Who?!"
"...Emperor Palpatine"