Chapter 7 -Jaypaw

Jaypaws POV.

Jaypaw and Half Moon managed to sneak into the to-bes den before anyone noticed. Tawnypelt stuck her head in the den to wake every one up a few minutes after they got in, but they had already curled up in their nests.

Brambleclaw was doing last minute war preparations. He had all the cats rotating duties. Some cats were doing last minute training, some were out hunting, some were sniffing out the best places for battles, and some were protecting the cave with brambles and other stuff they find.

Jaypaw was pacing around. Every cat was doing somthing, except him. He wanted to help. He needed to help.

After pacing for awhile, he decided to go talk to Stoneteller. If he could help anyone, it would be him.

He walked towards the cave of pointed Stones, hoping Stoneteller would be in there. He was.

As soon as Jaypaw entered the cave, Stoneteller lifted his head with a sigh.

"Are they showing sighs?" Jaypaw asked. He wasnt hopeful, Stoneteller looked miserable.

Stoneteller shook his head sadly. "Not a thing. I feel as if I've failed my tribe. Our ancesters say nothing. Their as quiet as the wind."

"You dont need them. They did their best, but in the end their, their dead and your alive. You have the power to fight, and they dont. Right now, our ancesters can't help us, no matter how hard they want to."

Stoneteller shook his head. "Their supposed to know what to do." He whispered. After a little bit of silence, he spoke again. "What do you need Jaypaw. You surly didnt come here just to listen to me complain."

Jaypaw shook his head. "I want to help. I've been sitting around since I got here, and I want to do somthing. I figured I could help you prepare herbs."

Stoneteller looked confused. "Prepare herbs?"

Jaypaw was shocked. "You know, get them ready, so when the battle happens we're ready to heal cats who are injured quickly."

Stoneteller looked really interested. He waved his tail to Jaypaw, signaling him to come closer and sit.

"What should we do. Let's brainstorm."

"Well, first we have to know how many herbs you have stored, so we should go through and organize them. We should send cats to collect herbs we have little off. And we should mix some poultices in advance."

Stoneteller nodded. "I keep my herbs over here. You should go get someone to help you sort herbs with you, and I'll go out and gather some."

Jaypaw nodded. "Good idea. But take some cats with you. They can help you carry."

Stoneteller nodded. "What about during the battle. How do we go about healing?"

"In the clans, the cats will all keep an eye on each other. They will help take the injured back to the cave, and we can heal them and send them out again. It helps to have a medicine cat that knows what their doing in the battle, so they can get the worst injured healed quickly."

Stoneteller nodded. "I'm to old to do that. And you can't, the mountins are harsh, and you can't see."

Jaypaw rolled his eyes, but didnt sya anything back. Stoneteller was right.

"I'll tell Brambleclaw to remind everyone to help others back to the cave, when they can. We can keep thinking of ideas to make this easier.... I'm glad you came here to help, Jaypaw, it's been very nice knowing you, and exchanging knowledge."

Jaypaw nodded. "I'll probably get Hollypaw to help me. She trained as a medicine apprentice for a little, so she knows more than anyone else."

Stoneteller nodded. "I'll go tell Brambleclaw the plan, and gather some cats to go with me."