𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣 𝔞 𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔯𝔶 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔪𝔞𝔰

Natasha stretches, arching her back against the mattress and flexing her arms, shaking the sleep from her recumbent body. Instantly, her senses are keenly attuned to her surroundings, adjusting to accommodate smell, taste, sound. She only relaxes after the final assessment, which altogether takes less than a second, but is so deeply ingrained in Natasha from years and years of waking in a different place than where she went to sleep that even morning after morning, when the same result is garnered, she can't stop it. She doesn't want to. She likes the shape of the word in her head. Safety.

A mound of warmth ripples against her back, and a nose nuzzling behind her ear, a wrist draping lazily over her hip. Home.
"Morning..." His voice is muffled by her hair, deeper than usual and thick with sleep, but Natasha enjoys the delicious shiver that prickles her neck from his morning breath and proximity. She shifts against him, turning so that his eyes, flecked in the dawn light, are on hers. Like every morning. Like every morning gone and, unless fate should step in, like every morning for the rest of their lives.

"Hi."
"Hey."
A pause.
"How long d'ya think we've got?" Steve's already watching her lips, and she grins approvingly, especially as his hand start to slip slyly under her shirt.
"Isn't it a bit early for this?" Natasha quirks an eyebrow, but she's already rolling on top of him.
"Honey, it's never too ear-"

"ALL AVENGERS ARE EXPECTED TO BE PRESENT AND CORRECT FOR CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST AND ALL FOLLOWING FESTIVITIES. ABSENCE WILL RESULT IN...um...PUNISHMENT." The voice blaring, not through any visible speakers but through the very walls, is Tony's, and they flinch. She did not need that dosage of Stark this early in the morning.

Her grin drops, but she's only partially annoyed. Partially. Usually she'd ignore any of Tony's random PSAs (the only AI she'll listen to is Jarvis, thank you very much), but today should probably be an exception.

"Punishment? Sounds fun."
"Always knew you were a kinky bastard." Natasha mumbles into his neck, and feels his chuckles vibrate through her.

It's Christmas Day next Friday what the fuck I'm still in March