THE GWAPOGI SERIES

The 'Gwapogi Series' was first read and seen scribbled inside the pages of  St. John University's commercial/entertainment magazine, The Herald. The pioneering minds behind the famous issue were Beatreese Averro and Kara Livana Luifranco. The two started the series when they were both second year college students-of the aforementioned institution-as young writers of their Campus Press Papers.

They were just testing the waters and the two never expected that the scheme would unexpectedly catch the public's attention. It literally went viral as soon as the first few released copies were out. It made everyone go gaga over the ten featured young lads.

Every girl drooled and dreamt over each Gwapogi while every guy wanted to be included in the prestigious list. It had a massive effect on the public eye that Saint John had been printing twice-no-thrice the normal number of copies usually being printed just for the students of SJU's keepsake only. These extra copies were distributed outside school grounds and were sold commercially by a couple of distinguished book stores. 

It didn't took long for the market to recognize the magazine and by the release of the second issue, stalls were already emptied within just a week or two. Re-prints were also inevitable due to public demand.

Because of its first ten-month success, The Herald decided to keep the 'Gwapogi Series' up until today. It's something that has been passed on for almost a decade now. The school's Campus Press Papers are featuring ten of the University's hottest guys every school year, one for each of the ten-month class length.

With that being said, it is just right for us to give credit to our original Gwapogis. The Herald wouldn't have the kind of reputation it has today if not because of those guys.

But.. where are those men now? What have they been up to for the last 10 years?

And so, The Metro Clique shares with you, with the approval of Saint John University's Press Office, the issue that caused every cardiac organ levitate!

Let us, once again, fall in love with the Original Gwapogis.

They are college guys no more. Each of these lads have grown up not just as every woman's ideal Prince Charming but each have achieved far greater success than they had a long time ago. They were boys before but proud men today. Fiercer, hotter, bolder and gazillion times handsome than years back.

Together with the ones who created them, let's relive the legacy they've started a few years back..