Chapter 11 - Evil Flower

Jennie was in her room crying and hurting. The sight of her sister being torn away broke the little girls heart and while almost everyone in the castle didn't care atleast some of the maids and even her parents took pity and guilt.

A knock was heard from the door. "May I come in Lady Jesoon?" A voice from outside was heard but Jennie didn't bother to reply. Soon the door opened and Chaehee soon entered the room along with Soojin carrying muffins

"Lady Ji- I mean Jesoon we brought muffins." Soojin said almost slipping the name of Jesoon's sister. "Jisoo come back.....even Soojin misses you." Jennie thought as she looked at the maids looking concern. "Have a muffin Lady Jesoon. I heard sweets are best eaten when you're sad." Chaehee said and Jennie took a muffin and ate it.

It was delicious as usual but kinda felt a little more warm. "Who made this?" Jennie asked. "It was the both of us Lady Jesoon." Both maids said a bit nervous worried Jennie might give a horrible comment.

"It's yummy! Can you call Jisoo I want her to ea-......" Jennie suddenly stopped after remembering Jisoo's not there anymore. She decided to continue eating since it helped her lighten her mood.

"We miss her too Jesoon." Chaehee said taking in Jennie for a hug. "Soojin probably misses her as much as you do." She added and Soojin gave in as she joined the hug as well.

"When will Jisoo come back?" Jennie asked the two and they just shook their heads pretending not to know. They didn't want to let Jennie know since she'll probably do nothing until her twin comes back.

"Lady Jesoon it's best to enjoy life as of now, besides I have a gut feeling that Lady Jisoon's birthday wish was for you to be happy." Chaehee said hoping Jennie won't waste her time before she becomes queen and will be burdened with many responsibilities. "Your right Chaehee. Jisoo wouldn't want me like this." Jennie said managing to show a smile but a sad one though.

*5 years later*

"Excellent performance Lady Jesoon as always." Ms. Choi said and Jennie faked a smile. "Thank you Ms. Choi. I'm glad I met your expectations." Jennie said half-heartedly. Jennie left the room to go back to her bedroom. A knock was heard. "Sorry for the intrusion Lady Jesoon." Soojin said after getting in.

"Is there anything wrong Soojin?" Jennie asked raising a brow. Soojin hesitated for a second before telling. "I'll be leaving today Lady Jesoon. I just wanted you to know." Soojin said before bowing and stepping towards the door. "Wait." Jennie said in a stern voice. "State the reason why you're leaving?" She asked a bit confused why she's leaving now.

"It's simple Lady Jesoon." The maid said. "I don't want to work here anymore. My loyalty as a personal maid for Lady Jisoon has been embedded in my soul. I don't intend to work for anyone but her." Soojin said with sad eyes before leaving. Jennie laid back again after hearing that. "Jisoo......where in the world are you?" Jennie thought before closing her eyes as she fell asleep right after.

*A few hours later*

Jennie slowly opened her eyes and she saw a figure infront of her. "You're awake Lady Jesoon." She said and Jennie woke up to see Chaehee on her bed. "What are you doing here Chaehee?" Jennie asked rubbing her eyes. "Did Soojin already told you?" She said and Jennie nodded.

"It's been 5 years Chaehee and she's not back!" Jennie said as she gathered her knees. "I know it's long but we'll just have to wait." Chaehee said as she patted Jennie's head. "Oh I forgot to tell you. Your mother wants to see you." Chaehee said before leaving. "What does mom even want?" Jennie said in her head before sighing.

Jennie left her room to find her mother which wants to see her.

"Is something wrong mom?" Jennie asked rather coldly and there her mother was sitting with tea beside her table.