𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌

req by | none
ship     | jeffmads
type     | angsty fluff

Thomas sat up and stretched, rubbing his eyes to get the sleep out. he looked to the side and couldn't find his contacts, still in the haze of just awaking, so he grabbed his glasses and pushed them on.

He couldn't see magenta. wait. He couldn't see magenta- it was his favourite colour and he couldn't see it. His breath hitched as soon as he noticed it. it was just one colour, he could manage. He quickly got dressed for work and left the house. He approached his car but a part of him told him that walking was safer. And it was, for the most part. The second colour to go was red, and that was before he even got to work.

[shift to Thomas's POV]

"Hi Thomas!" James ran up to me and gently hugged. "Hi james.." my voice was a little shaky and I hated it. He looked up at me and smiled. It brung me a small amount of comfort, before my heart sunk. I couldn't see the colour in his eyes. That beautiful chocolate brown colour I absolutely love was gone from my vision. I stared into his eyes. I was trying to get the colour back. I wish this was a dream. I was on the brink of breaking down. "Thomas? Are you ok..?"
I hate lying to James but what could I do but just.. nod slowly "yeah.. we should probably get to work.." I flashed one of my award winning smiles and go to my desk. And before I know it all the colours where gone. I just wanted to collapse into James's arms and sob. sob so hard I can't breathe. tears started silently rolling down my cheeks as my vision started to get a bit hazy. I managed to ask mr Washington if I could go home early- and he said yes

[small time skip + switch to James's pov]

I got a little scared. Thomas didn't seem all that.. 'ok.' He stared into my eyes for the longest time, and he looked really really upset.. I raced out after him but he was already gone. "Thomas?!" I yelled loudly, I found him a few streets down in an alley. He was staring down at his arms and I could see a crimson liquid dripping down. I gasped, and rushed over to his side "..tommy—" I wrapped my arms around his waist and immediately get the shard of glass out of his grip. "what's wrong Tom- I need to know.."
He gulped and melted into my arms. "the.. the colours are gone-" he mumbled. I felt my heart break as Thomas sniffled and tried to hold in his tears.
"What do you mean?"
"I can't see the colours anymore james.. I can't even see your eyes.."
I pick him up slowly and hold him close. He tucks his face into my neck and let's the tears fall as I make my way back to his house.

We arrive eventually and I unlock the door with my spare key, locking it as soon as we enter. I carried him all the way to the couch and put him down. He made grabby hands and I pull him into my lap. He nuzzled his head into my chest and let's out shaky sobs.
"Talk to me tommy- I don't care about what just.. please rant all your feelings. You need it.."
Thomas nodded slowly "I miss seeing your eyes james.. they're this pretty chocolate brown colour with hints of yellow and orange.. and caramel.. they're like my safe space james-" he paused, as if contemplating what to say next. He looked up, letting our eyes meet. Seeing tears roll down his cheeks made me feel upset.. I don't know how to describe it... I cupped his face and softly wipe the tears with my thumbs. "James.. I think.. I think I love you. I want you to kiss me.. please james.."
I froze for a second, before gently connecting our lips. Thomas's eyes fluttered close, and he immediately kissed back.
"James.. I can see your eyes again.. I can see everything.. your eyes james- your eyes are the best part.."
he smiled, a big toothy grin and kissed me again.
"I love you Thomas.."
"I love you too. My jamsie.."