❤︎︎

hey hey !! So I got a request!! And I did it. But if it's not what uou had in mind I will be more than happy to do it again
Requested by : i_scream_sandwhich
I love me some pining yayaaa
I. Think this turned into something else entirely but oh well
IM IN LOVE WITH AN EMO GIRL
IM IN LOVE WITH AN EMO GWORL

this wasn't fair, this certainly wasn't fair. Thomas banged his head on the wall, hot tears rolling down his face as his throat closed up. He landed back on his bed with a soft thud, pulling his knees up to his chest. He stared at the ring on his finger, the ring he wish he hadn't accepted, it felt out of place, too small for his finger. Alexander hadn't even bothered to ask his parents for measurements, or his parents didn't tell him. He'd rather believe the former, it gave him even more reason to not want to marry him (not like he needed more though).

He walked to his window, staring out across the 'secret' garden, it was framed with cherry blossom trees and apple trees and he and one of the knights had found a little lake in there once. He always remembered that time with fond memories.

~
"I thought you weren't supposed to be out here after dark." James had said when he  caught him about to enter the garden. "no one will know." he smirked, turning to face him. "That is, if i don't tell."
"which you won't."
"you don't know that."
Thomas had merely chuckled,  turning around and beginning to walk in. "the most that would happen is getting grounded, I'd just sneak out again.. if you really wanna keep me safe.. come with me."
And so he did. Sighing, walking through the trees and shedding his armour. Not like they'd need it anyway. this had actually surprised Thomas, but it's not like me minded, cheeks flushing red as James took his hand. "Where are we headed?" After a beat Thomas replied "no idea."
~
He shook his head to get back to reality, before he got to when James took his shirt off. He'd.. rather not remember that. Nothing happened per-say, but he couldn't take his eyes off him. It was obvious he was crushing way more. He was.. head over heels. He focused back on the guards standing outside, smile twitching on his face as he saw him. He rushed over to his desk, writing a quick message. 'I need to talk to you. come up to my room, your favourite prince, Thomas.'  He quickly drew a heart on the paper, tying it to a pebble and throwing it down, eagerly waiting for James to get up there so they can at least share one more hug before he was forced to leave.

"Run away with me. Please." That was the first thing he said, as soon as James shut the door. "what? Thomas.. why do you wanna run away?" Thomas didn't answer, just tugged James close and buried his face in his chest. "please. Please- we can go wherever.. another kingdom, another country- another contenant- I just can't get married to him- I can't. I cant- jamie.. I cant.." he sobbed, gripping onto whatever he could. "You're.. being married off." James felt a sudden pang in his heart, he squeezed Thomas against his chest. "I heard them talking about it.. Thomas- who are you.." he stroked through his hair, rubbing at his scalp softly. "Prince Alexander." It was barely above a whisper, he was allowing himself to be squeezed against James

James thought about all the scandals. Prince Alexander had cheated on his ex wife, after they'd divorced he'd started courting Maria Reynolds. Then it was revealed how terribly he treated her. He remembered the stories in the paper, the amount of people protesting after seeing him hit her. There was no way he was letting Thomas be treated like that. "Pack your things. I'll be back in a half hour."

Thomas did. He packed as quick as possible. He waited for james to show up outside. He thought about everything, about his feelings. About where they'd go. Maybe they'd adopt- have kids. He shook the thought out of his head as soon as it came. He couldn't even be sure james liked him like he did. He saw him outside, grabbed his case and ran. His brother looked at him like 'what are you doing',  but as he saw the suitcase he just nodded, smiling and mouthing 'I'll miss you Tom.', Thomas just nodded, smiling at him one last time as he hurried out.

"Ready?" James asked, tugging him close. "So, so ready. I need to get out of here.."

"I know a place. Come on."