Chapter 21

Oh my God. Wattpad has like erased all of my reads on all of my stories. I had like 310 so this makes me angry. Here's chapter 21

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21

After hours of searching Alec and I finally found someone who’d marry us. Which I still felt a little weird about but I’d rather marry Alec than Jace. I took a deep breath as the preacher began.

            Finally it was my part “Audrey, do you take Alexander to be your—“

            “Stop!” A loud voice boomed from the door.

            Alec and I both whipped our heads around to find Jace standing three his eyes wide, his face red, his hair messy. He looked kind of terrible.

            “Audrey, get over here now. You will never see daylight again at this rate. How dare you. You left to get married to him? He doesn’t have a penny to his name. How can you love him?” Jace asked walking forward.

            “Stay away from her,” Alec said stepping in front of me.

            “She’s my fiancée. You kidnapped her,” Jace said. “You get away from her.”

            “Jace, stop this. I love Alec. I don’t want to be with you. Why can’t you just accept that?” I asked resting a hand on Alec’s arm.

            “Because you’re mine!” he shouted. “I chose you there for you are mine.”

            “Jace I’m a human being. You don’t own me nor should you be able to just…choose me without a care for my feelings,” I said softly. “Please just leave us be.”

            “Audrey Kempt, this is your final warning. You have five seconds to get your ass over here before I come to you. If I have to come up there to you, I will make sure Alec gets arrested. However if you come willingly I will not harm him in anyway.”

            I nodded and hugged Alec’s arm before releasing him. I’d rather he’d be safe and free then in jail. I walked down the two steps and began walking to Jace.

            “Audrey,” Alec whispered. “Don’t go with him.”

            “Alec I don’t have a choice. I’m not going to let you get arrested,” I said turning around.

            “Beautiful, I have nothing to get arrested for. You chose to come. I didn’t make you,” Alec said reaching his arm out.

            “I can’t take the chance that they won’t,” I said.

            “Yes you can. Don’t go with him,” Alec pleaded. I bit my lip and looked over at Jace. He glared at me. I dashed back up to Alec as quickly as I could.

            “Jace, I can’t go with you. I love Alec, not you. Just respect that.”

            “Audrey, how the hell am I supposed to respect that? I love you, Audrey. Tell me why you don’t love me back,” Jace snapped.

            “You are a jerk. If you don’t get something you want you throw a fit,” I said bluntly.

            “No I don’t!”

            “You are right now! I don’t want to be with you. You’re yelling at me and trying to drag me back to you,” I snapped.

            “Audrey, it’s time to go,” Jace said. He pulled out his phone and called someone. “Right now.”

            Suddenly someone grabbed me from behind and lifted me up.

            “Nate!” I screamed slapping his arms.

            “Sorry, Audrey,” he said as he carried me to Jace.

            “Bring her back here!” Alec yelled.

            “Put me down!” I yelled.

            That he did. Unfortunately he set me right down in front of Jace, who wrapped his arms around me. “Finally,” he breathed.

            The doors swung open and the Sheriff and his deputy walked in.

            “Let me go, Jace!” I shouted trying to push him away.

            “What the hell is going on here?” Sheriff Blakely asked.

            “I’m taking her back home,” Jace said.

            I shook my head. “No!” I slapped him hard, sending a sharp sound out that silenced everyone.

            Jace pushed me back making me stumble and fall on my butt. Arms grabbed me from behind bringing me to my feet as gently as possible.

            “Audrey, are you alright?” Alec asked as he pulled me closer to him.

            “You need to leave my town now. I don’t know what your issue is with this girl but you need to go. She’s happy here with him and she was not kidnapped. Taking her from here would be kidnapping and I would arrest you before you got out of this town. Do you understand me?” the Sheriff said.

            Jace looked at me. “I will be back for you Audrey. Don’t you dare doubt that,” Jace said before both he and Nate walked out.

            I took a deep breath and leaned against Alec who tightened his hold on me. The sheriff turned towards us. “You two are fueling that fire. I’ve gotten him away from here for now but it might change later,” he said. “Be careful, Audrey. I don’t think he’ll give up.”

            I nodded. “Thank you.”

            He tipped his hat and walked out. “Audrey maybe we shouldn’t…” Alec trailed off.

            I nodded. “Let’s just go back to the house.”

            “How are you feeling?” he asked.

            “Better since I took that medicine earlier,” I said with a small smile. “I’m just ready to go home.”

            “I know, beautiful. Come on,” he nodded towards the door with a small smile. I took his hand and we were gone.