Chapter 10

Chapter 10

            I woke up really hot. I tried to sit up but a heavy tanned arm was lying over my chest in dead weight keeping me down. I gasped, I needed to get out of this bed and find some water to cool me off. I tried once more to sit up and push his arm off of me then I smacked his head.

            “Ouch!” he yelled rubbing his head where I hit him.

            That gave me the chance to slip off the bed. “Your arm is heavy and is giving off way too much body heat.”

            “Are you saying I’m hot?” he asked with a smirk.

            “Body temperature wise,” I said crossing my arms.

            His eyes trailed my body up and down, making him grin. I looked down and realized I was wearing a pajama shirt and my underwear but that was it. The shirt had come up a bit emphasizing the fact that I didn’t have on pants. I pulled down the shirt so it went down to my mid-thigh.

            “Hey, shut up,” I said as he laughed. “You were making me freaking sweat, I thought I was about to die from the heat. I wasn’t about to let having no pants on stop me from getting up.”

            He rolled his eyes. “What time is it?”

            I looked over at the clock. “Seven.”

            “Well, I’m going to get a couple more hours of sleep. You’re welcome to come lie down next to me and continue sleeping, but you can’t have on pants,” he said his eyes shooting down to that area.

            I frowned and reached over to smack him with a pillow.

            “Ouch! I was just telling the truth,” he said trying to block my second hit.

            “Well keep it to yourself,” I snapped standing back up off the bed and heading towards the bathroom.

            “That’s kind of hard around you!” he called after me.

            I glared at him over my shoulder until I walked into the bathroom. When I got in there I closed and locked the door. I looked from the sink to the bathtub. I shrugged. “He’ll be sleeping, might as well take a cool bath.” I turned on the water and left the nozzle exactly between hot and cold before plugging the drain. I stepped back to make sure there was a towel and stripped out of my clothes before stepping into the tub. I let my hair down; it barely hit the top of the water with its length.

            Once the tub was full I turned off the water and sunk down under the water’s surface allowing my hair and face to get wet. There was a knock at the door.

            “What?” I asked after coming up.

            “I need to pee,” Jace said with another knock.

            “Then go to another bathroom, this is a mansion I’m sure there’s another one somewhere else,” I snapped.

            “Yeah there is but I’ve already wasted time coming here,” he whined.

            “Wimp,” I muttered. “The door is locked,” I said so he could hear.

            “I can unlock it from out here, there’s a key,” he said, I heard his weight shift with impatience through the door.