Chapter 4

Chapter 4

            “Enough, Aubrey it’s time for dinner. Alec I think it’s time you go,” Jace said walking into the room.

            I pulled away from Alec and sat Indian-style on the bed. He stood up, and paused to lean down and kiss my forehead before walking out. 

            “Come, Aubrey,” Jace said.

            I obeyed quietly as he led me down the stairs and into the dining room. He pulled out a chair for me. I sat down in it and he pushed me back in before taking the seat next to me.

            “Your mother told me what you did earlier, Jace,” Thomas said after a moment of silence. “If it happens again, this girl will be gone, understood?”

            “Yes sir,” Jace nodded.

            “As for you Aubrey, I apologize for my son’s behavior but that does not trump your own. You will remain a fateful wife to my son from here forward, do you understand?”

            “Yes sir,” I said quietly.

            “That also means you may not see that friend of yours any longer,” he added.

            My eyes flashed up to his. Not see Alec? He was my best friend.

            “How about, you can go spend time with Alec under Marco’s watchful eye and if you do share anything other than friendly touches you won’t be allowed to see him again,” Ann suggested.

            “That works for me,” Thomas nodded. “Audrey? Jace? How about the two of you?”

            “I prefer that idea,” I said in a low voice.

            “I even prefer that idea,” Jace said. “At least she won’t totally hate me with that one.”

            “Then it’s settled. Audrey, for your behavior today I will have to ask Jace to escort you to your room, where you will remain for the remainder of the evening,” Thomas said.

            “Father is that really—“         

            “Take her to her room Jace,” Thomas said. “You can stay there or come back here, I don’t care which.”

            “Yes sir,” Jace nodded standing up.

            I kept my eyes on the floor as I stood up and we walked up stairs.

            “Audrey,” Jace said after closing the door. He walked to where I sat on the bed before continuing. “I really am sorry about earlier. It shouldn’t have happened and I swear it won’t again.”

            I nodded my eyes on the floor.

            “Will you speak to me, Audrey?” Jace asked.

            “What do you want me to say, Jace?” I asked meeting his eyes. “You almost…raped me earlier. Am I supposed to just be fine after that?”

            I didn’t miss the slight flinch at the word “rape”. “I didn’t mean it…I don’t know what came over me. I want to make it up to you. I will make it up to you.”

            “I’m afraid that isn’t good enough, Jace. I don’t even know if you can make it up to me, especially over something like that,” I said crossing my arms.

            He nodded and turned around heading to the door. He paused before walking out. “There are clothes in the wardrobe and in the dresser.”

            Then he was gone, closing the door behind him.

 Sorry for the short chapter I didn't know where else to take this chapter so I went ahead and started the fifth