Chapter 22

Sorry for the super long delay. I wasn't using this computer at all and I didn't ahve internet on it. Now I'm back at school and I'm able to post. It's kind of a short chapter b/c I wanted to post for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 22

                I lifted the next shirt to hang up. Another low cut tight t-shirt. From what I could see he’d gotten like each color of the rainbow. “Alec, are you serious?”

            “What?” he asked looking over at me from the dresser where he was putting away pants and under clothes.

            “Why’d you get so many of these t-shirts?” I asked lifting the one in my hand.

            “’Cause I thought you’d look hot wearing them,” he shrugged. I rolled my eyes and put the one I was holding up. “I’m kidding, you know I think you’re beautiful,” he said wrapping his arms around my waist. “I got them because they were like three bucks each and I didn’t want to run up too much money.”

            “Well you could’ve gotten a different one. Maybe one that isn’t tight fitting,” I said patting his chest.

            “They’re tight fitting?” he asked looking at the last one left on the bed. “Score!” he grinned his arm shooting into the air.

            I smacked his shoulder and pulled back. “Shut up.”

            “Beautiful, I’m a guy. I can’t help it.”

            “Well try,” I snapped with a grin.

            “What would you like to do today?” he asked after a moment.

            “We can’t really do anything,” I shrugged. “You know Jace will be here soon.”

            He sighed and pulled me close to him. “We might have time for one little thing…”

            It took me a minute to realize what he was talking about. “Alec…I’m really not ready for that. Look can we just…do what…we used to do?”

            “And what is that?” he asked squeezing my hip lightly.

            “Sit around watching random ass movies, laughing at the stupid scenes or bad graphics, and eating loads of popcorn,” I said putting a hand on his shoulder. “That’s one of the things I miss.”

            “Really? I though you hated that,” he asked surprised.

            “If I hated it I would’ve told you,” I said before walking out of the bedroom.

            “It’s great to know how much my feelings mean to you!” Alec called after me, in a joking matter of course.

            I grinned all the way to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out the water jug.

            “No, no, no, you need something much stronger than water,” Alec said appearing at my side and taking the water out of my hand. “Oh, what about—“

            “Don’t your grandparents have a wine collection?” I asked before he could reach the alcohol bottle in the fridge.

            “They do,” he nodded.

            “Go get some,” I said pushing on his shoulder.

            He grinned and walked off to get a bottle of wine. There was a slight knock at the door of the cabin. I cautiously walked to it and opened it.

            “Lisa?” I asked my eyes wide.

            “Audrey? Oh. Um, Jace sent me. He wanted to know if you were here…I guess I know what to tell him,” she said before going to turn around.

            “Wait!” I said. “Lisa, please tell him you didn’t see me. Then he’ll eventually give up and you can have him.”

            “You really don’t want to go back to him,” she noted turning back. “Can I ask you why?”

            “Because, I love Alec and…forcing someone to marry you…I find it wrong. I don’t think he should be allowed to do that,” I shrugged. “I don’t love Jace…hell I barely even like Jace.”

            “Lisa?” Alec asked appearing behind me.

            “You know her?” I asked.

            “No I just…I met her once,” he stuttered.

            She gave him a wide-eyed look. “You didn’t tell her?”

            “Lisa, hush,” Alec snapped.

            “What? Tell me what?”

            “Can I come in? It’s kind of a long story,” she said wrapping her arms around her body and taking a step closer.

            I nodded. “You’d better tell the truth,” I said stepping aside and allowing her in.