Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Six Months Later

            There she goes again! I lifted my head and slapped Alec’s shoulder. “Your turn.”

            He chuckled and rolled over. “I think it’s yours.”

            I pinched his arm and pushed on his shoulder until he fell out of the bed. “Too bad.”

            He stood up and brought me into his arms, despite my protest. He carried me into the nursery where Kaleen was crying her eyes out. Alec set me down at her crib and turned to go. I reached out and grabbed his ear pulling him to me. “Its three in the morning, you are keeping your ass right here with me.” Once I knew he’d stay put I reached in and took her out of the crib. She touched my face as the crying lowered. “Hi baby. It’s okay.” I rocked her in my arms, and the crying stopped and her eyes began to flutter.

            I felt two strong arms go around my waist and Alec’s head rest on my shoulder. “You are both so beautiful.”

            I leaned my head back and kissed his cheek. “I love you, Alexander.”

            “You know I love you too, Audrey,” he smiled his eyes on Kaleen.

            “We love you, Kaleen,” we whispered to her.

            “Put her in her crib and let’s go back to bed,” Alec whispered his hands resting on my hips. I sighed but gently put her in her crib and followed Alec out. When we got back in our room—we’re still in the cabin—he rolled onto the bed and pulled me on top of him snuggling me close and closing his eyes.

            “I’m not a stuffed animal you know,” I said as he squeezed me.

            “That’s right, you are so much better,” he said patting my back.

            I tried to pull back but his hold on me was really tight so there was no use. I closed my eyes and let my head fall against his chest. “Can you at least loosen your hold on me?”

            He rolled on his side, allowing me to fall on the bed next to him, his arms still around me only not as tight as before. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his lips. His eyes opened.

            “What was that for?” he asked.

            “Are you complaining?” I asked. He shook his head quickly and waited for me to continue. “I just wanted to. Alec, I get to spend the rest of my life with you. I get to kiss you anytime I want, love you anytime I want.”

            His hand that wasn’t under me met my lower back and pulled me so I was flushed against his body. “I know exactly what you mean.” He met my lips hungrily and rolled on top of me. I pulled my head back.

            “Should we—“ I was cut off by the loud screaming of Kaleen. I smirked up at him and pushed him off. Here we go again. I smiled as I walked to Kaleen. I finally got the life I’d always dreamed of. Me, my one true love, and our baby. I had a family. People that love me as much as I love them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Okay everyone. I have to thank you for being here for me and this book. I am thinking about adding an extra little thing so you get to really meet Kaleen by like FF to her birthday or something. Anyway...that's that. :)