Chapter 15

Chapter 15

            I heard Alec coming up the stairs even with my door closed. I laughed when he trudged in. “What happened?”

            “Tyler Call was at the gas station. The jack ass was talking shit about you so I kicked his ass,” Alec said walking to the side of my bed.

            He was covered in grass stains and dirt…and a bit of blood here and there. Like his lip—it was split. He had a few bruises on his neck and arms and face…but he looked okay.

            “Come with me,” I said standing and making him follow me to the bathroom.

            “What are you going to do to me?” he asked leaning against the doorway.

            “I’m just going to get you cleaned up,” I said pulling out a wash rag and a first-aid kit. “Go sit on the edge of my bed.”

            He obeyed quietly. I paused before walking into Jace’s room and pulling out some clothes for Alec to change into—considering his were filthy and torn. Luckily they were about the same size. “Hopefully Jace won’t care…or maybe he just won’t notice,” I whispered to myself as I walked to my room to place the clothes on the bed. After doing that I walked back to the bathroom to wet the rag and get the first-aid kit.

            “Ouch!” Alec snapped as I dabbed the towel at the dirt on his forehead…where he had a huge gash, probably from Tyler’s ring.

            “Sorry,” I said. “If you want to get cleaned up you’re going to have to work with me.”

            “Can’t I just take a shower?” he asked tapping his knee.

            “No!” I snapped bouncing with his knee. I was sitting on his lap with my knees on either side of him so I could get a closer look at his cuts. “Stop tapping!” I added.

            He allowed his foot to fall once more before stopping. “Why can’t I take a shower?”

            “Because I want to make sure they are clean. Then you can take a shower,” I said calmly wiping away the rest of the dirt on his forehead and moving to his lip.

            He grabbed my upper arms and kissed my cheek. “I am fine, beautiful. I swear.”

            “Well this doesn’t look good,” I heard from the doorway.

            I looked over my shoulder to see Gina and Nate standing inside the room

            “I’m just cleaning his cuts. He got into a fight,” I said standing up off of Alec. “He’s my best friend Alec.”

            Gina grinned at him as she walked over. “He’s hot.”

            “Why thank you,” Alec smirked.

            “Down boy, she’s married,” Nate said with a grin on his face as he patted Alec’s shoulder.

            “Why didn’t anyone invite me to this party?” Chord asked appearing at the doorway. He spotted me. “Hey sexy.”

            “Don’t call her that,” Alec snapped. “Respect her.”

            “I am. I’m respecting that sexy body of hers,” Chord grinned walking to me.

            “Chord, back off,” Nate warned his grin gone.

            “I was surprised when this little beaut didn’t join me in bed last night,” he said reaching out to put his hands on my hips. I went to slap his hands but Alec was there punching his face.