Not So Unfortunate Marriage

Chapter 1

I looked at my phone. It was already two, where was he? He comes every weekend, practically never leaves. I looked around the mall in front of me. I was sitting at the coffee shop in the dead center of the mall.

Over on the right sat Jace Goldman. He was a part of one of the richest families ever. The news says he's looking for a bride. His family believes that seventeen is the perfect time to get a bride. Which I thought was bogus. He was pretty hot but I couldn't stand him. Lucky for him there's tons of girls in town who love him.

He was handsome. He had golden hair that was slightly long and styled perfectly. He had great muscles, seductive green eyes, full lips...

I hadn't realized I was still staring until he turned his head to look at me. As soon as his eyes met mine I looked away. Finally! Alec Richards was finally here. He nodded at me and walked over, away from his friends.

"Hey beautiful," he smirked.

"Hey Alec," I smiled as he sat down.

"Gawking at Jace like the others?" he asked.

"Uh no," I shook my head. "I don't like him and you know that."

"Truth is I have a crush on you," I thought.

"Who do you like, Audrey?" he asked.

"No one," I shrugged.

"He only thinks of you as a friend," a voice in my head said.

"You're a seventeen year old girl. I know you like someone," he said flipping his dark bangs out of his eyes.

"Well maybe I do. What makes you think I'll tell you?" I asked.

He put a hand over his heart, like I'd hurt him. "I thought we were friends."

"You are a guy friend. I can't tell you who I like," I shrugged.

"Pwease?" he asked in a child's voice, jutting out his bottom lip and leaning forward.

"No," I said with a small shake of my head. I reached out and patted his black hair. "Sorry."

"Alec!" One of his friends shouted. "Let's go!"

He sighed and stood up. I did the same.

"Sorry, beautiful," he shrugged. "I'll see ya later."

"Bye," I said with a small wave.

I turned to head to the doors after he left. I glanced over at where Jace once sat—he was gone. I shrugged and walked out heading to my red Cadillac.

When I walked in the door I stopped. On my love-seat my mom and dad were sitting gripping each other's hands. On the couch sat Jace Goldman. Near the hallway that lead to the bedrooms and the bathroom stood Jace's butler.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked.

My mother stood up. "Sweetie before you hear what Jace has to say you need to remember that your father and I are on the verge of losing the house. I had to do it. I am so sorry."

"What?" I asked crossing my arms. "Tell me what the hell is going on."

"I am taking you as my wife," Jace said standing.

"What?!" I screamed. "No!"

"I'm sorry, Audrey, he offered us so much money we couldn't turn it down. He wants you as his wife," my father said standing.

"No, I—"

"It's done," Jace said standing.

"No this isn't fair! Why don't you choose one of those idiot fan-girls of yours?" I asked.