Chapter 26

Chapter 26

One Month Later

            I took a deep breath looking in the mirror. I was wearing an empire waist strapless chiffon wedding dress. It was my wedding day. I was getting married to the love of my life…to Alec.

            “Honey,” his mom said peeking in the door. “It’s time.”

            I smiled and walked to her, which is where my father stood as well. I started talking to him more, since he was the one who wanted me leaving least of all, it was my mother’s demand. She wasn’t here as far as I knew. I looped my arm through his as the music started. I only had one bridesmaid and that was Kimberly, Alec’s older sister who I’d become very close to over the years…mainly the last month.

            When my father and I stepped out there all eyes were on us. My eyes? They were on Alec. He was wearing the traditional black suit but his tie was a radiant red, matching my ring and my necklace. Instead of going for something new, old and something blue we chose red, since Alec got me a ruby ring. He smiled at me as we got closer.

            When it came time for Alec’s vows I was almost terrified of what sweet thing he would decide to say.

            “Audrey, for my whole life I have known you. You’ve been my best friend and a few years ago you became more than that. I’ve known you were my other half, my soul mate, my only one true love. No matter what, I want to be with you, love you, and wake up every morning next to you. You are perfect; there is not even a hair on your head I wish to change. Beautiful, I’ve never wanted anything more than I want you to stay by my side for the rest of my life as I swear to stay by yours.”

            I felt tears lightly fall out of my eyes and crawl down my cheeks. It was my turn, I had to compose myself. “Alec, you’ve been my best friend my whole life. For a long time I’ve liked you more than just as a friend. Three years ago we almost lost our chance. But we regained it. I swear to love you as long as I live. You and I were meant to be together, I feel that fact in my heart every day that I wake up and see you lying there next to me.”

            I saw tears fall from his eyes as I spoke. When I was done we looked at the priest marrying us. He gave us both a smile before announcing: “You may now kiss your beautiful bride.”

            I laugh-cried as Alec pulled me to him and kissed me gently. “I love you so much, Audrey.”

            “I love you to Alec,” I smiled hugging him tightly.

            “Alright, now let me hug my daughter-in-law and my lovely son,” Alec’s mother said.

            She pulled me to her first and hugged me tightly—cautiously enough to make sure the pressure wasn’t on my stomach, where a slight baby bump was in fact showing. After me she turned to Alec. My dad was there hugging me as she hugged Alec. He wasn’t as thrilled about the baby being conceived before we were married as Alec’s mom had been, but he was happy for us.

            When I pulled away from my dad I noticed a familiar face lurking in the back of the room. I shuffled through and walked to him. “Hey.”

            “Hey!” he said, a smile reaching his face.

            “Good to see you again. I’m glad you could make it, Jace,” I smiled.

            “Yeah, I was a bit unsure if I should but…Alec’s mom insisted,” he nodded.

            “Did she tell you too?” I asked.

            “About what?” he raised his eyebrows.         

            I rubbed my stomach and then moved a hand to my mouth in a “shh” motion. His eyes widened as he looked at my stomach. “No…”

            I nodded. “Yep.”

            “Congratulations,” he said his eyes still shocked.

            “So find anyone new?” I asked, trying to draw his attention away from my growing belly.

            “Yeah…um…a girl named Kelsey. She went to your school—“

            “I know her. She was my friend,” I said smiling. “She’s good for you. I know she always liked you.”

            “That’s good…” he trailed off.

            That’s when it got very…awkward. “Audrey, time for you and Alec to have your first dance as husband and wife,” Alec’s mother said peeking over my shoulder.

            I smiled and allowed her to pull me away. This wedding couldn’t have been more perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for Fast Forwarding so much. I'm only going to do it a couple more times. For the next chapter so you can meet their baby and for the Epilogue. Thanks for reading! c: