Lost and Found- Part 19

Pam's POV

I was honestly quite worried to go to school today. I had to face Hadley, after our little brawl last night.

"If anything happens, I'm step in to defend you. Don't worry."

"Thanks."

We strolled down the hallway minutes before our first class, keeping a watchful eye out for Hadley anywhere. Checking behind every corner and every person that approached us, she was no where to be found.

Unexpectedly, Reed clenched onto my hand harder.

I looked to the side and Hadley was storming towards us.

"Get over here bitch."

She shoved me to the ground, my head breaking my fall.

Slowly, the world around me became blurry, peoples' words became slurred, my vision went black.

2 hours later

I awoke with a jolt, startled, sitting up.

"Wha...what happened?"

I shifted around a bit, hearing the sound of paper crinkling beneath my body.

A nurse came over to me, placing an ice pack on my hot fore head.

"Hello sweetie! Do you remember anything that happened?"

I searched my vacant mind, but didn't find much of anything.

"I remember Hadley pushing me over, I landed on my head, and seconds later, everything went black."

"And you've been asleep since." Reed peeped. I hadn't even realize that he was in the room. According to him, he had been there the whole two hours that I was out, missing a Spanish test.

"You fell pretty hard directly on your head. Thank God it wasn't a concussion though. Do you have any head pains? Feel dizzy? Trouble remembering basic information?"

"No, I feel fine."

"Well that's good. We're still going to send you home anyways, just to be sure. We can't risk further damage."

"I'll go home with you, since Dad is it work." Reed informed me.

The nurse looked startled.

"You two are brother and sister? You look nothing alike!"

"Nonbiological." I stated.

She appeared as if she was ashamed for asking.

"Oh."

"I called Dad, and he said we can walk home and he'll be home from work around 2."

"Why don't you two get your bags and go."

Reed helped me off the uncomfortable, paper-covered bed.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed to the nurse.

We got home, making a loud echo sound through the empty mansion as we walked in. As if we were programmed to do so, we instinctively ran up to our unfinished bedroom, throwing our bags on the ground and jumping onto our bed.

"Wow, you sure seem to be doing good after being knocked out for two hours. You sure you don't have a headache or any pains at all?"

"Yes, I promise. I feel like nothing ever happened."

"Sure?"

"Positive."

His hand linked into mine while he tenderly pecked my forehead.

For a few minutes, we just laid there together in silence.

"You know how much I love and care about you, right?" He pried through my messy hair.

"Of course I do. You know how much I love you, right?"

"Enough to let me do this."

Ever so gently, he tipped my head to the side, facing him, mildly kissing my lips. Slowly, he worked his way up, becoming a tad bit more rough with it, but never straying away from my lips.

This was far enough for a 13 year old couple to go.

His cold hands fondled my jaw bone, sending chills up and down my spine.

Nobody ever knew about this until now, but we had a secret ritual that was always done.

Directly following the last kiss, he took my hand in his, staring soulfully into my eyes.

"Forever?" He would ask me.

I replied the same word every time, though it never got old or wore out.

"Always."