Lost and Found- Part 41

Pam's POV

The whole rest of the ride to the restaurant, sitting at the table, I had a growing lump in my stomach. I caught myself playing with my hair- which is a common action when I get nervous or unsure- much more than I should have. Through all of my indecisiveness, I couldn't place my finger on what was making me feel this way. My knee was bobbing up and down every second of the whole night.

I climbed into the limo for the ride home, nervously smoothing out the bottom of my dress, palms sweaty.

"What's wrong? You've been acting odd all night. Are you getting sick?"

Sharply gasping, I informed, "No, I'm fine."

"No you're not. I've known you long enough to realize it when you're lying. Tell me what's wrong. You know that no matter what it is, I will help you with."

The truth was, I still wasn't sure what was wrong.

"Come on. Tell me." His cold hands tipped my head to the right so I was facing directly at him.

I blinked a few times, peering over his shoulder.

"Why won't you look at me? Something's up."

His eyes fluttered shut for a second, letting out a small sigh while tenderly kissing my lips.

Then it hit me.

I kissed him back, more than usual, combing my fingers through his meticulously done hair.

His movement slowed, soon departing from my lips, leaving a trail of kisses along my neck. I tipped my head to the side, fluttering my eyes shut. He pried through my long strands of hair, mischievously tickling the back of my neck.

I felt a cold touch grazing up my bare thigh. A sharp twitch darted through my body.

"You okay?" He asked me.

"Just fine." I assured him.

"Can I give you one more gift, or will you kill me?"

"I suppose, if you must."

He yanked a small, red box from his pocket. A tiny silver bow laid on the top.

"Open it." He grinned happily.

For a second, I thought it would be another promise ring, but what's the purpose of having two?

I lift the lid up, revealing a small silver pendant. I brought it closer to my eyes, examining all of the beautifully created details on the small, shiny key.

"What's this?"

He pulled a little silver heart out of his pocket. The heart had a keyhole in the middle.

"Go on, try it."

I shoved the key into the heart, finding that the two pendants fit perfectly together.

"It means that you have the key to my heart. I'm an open book around you. Tell me anything, ask me anything, do anything, it won't lessen my love for you one bit. That's how it's been for close to two years and that's how it will be in fifteen years from now."

I stared at the two small objects carefully in my palm.

"It's...it's..." I was at a loss of words. "Beautiful. Thank you." I threw my arms around his neck, snuggling close to him, deeply breathing in the musky scent of Axe.

"You're welcome. Anything for you."