Lost and Found- Part 36

Pam's POV

Rory is almost 5 months old already, already muttering jibberish words every so often.

We spend a lot of time together. Normally every other day at the least, Reed and I would take her out to the park on short walks, receiving a few dirty looks from people probably thinking that it was our baby.

Other than that, I'll play with her every day after school for a while, sometimes even dressing her up in a fluffy, pink princess dress.

We've been getting weekly emails from Kayla, who says that college is going great for her. She explained that it's a bit challenging, but she feels like when she graduates, she'll be ready to be an independent adult.

Nothing major has happened in the past 3 months really. The big stuff was happening tonight.

Graduation.

I took a deep breath in, re-fluffing my dress one last time and applying one last sweep of mascara.

*knock knock*

"Almost ready? We can't be late." Reed insisted.

"Yes." I flung the bathroom door open. "Lets go."

Reed and I dramatically descended down the staircase hand in hand while Mitch took at least 100 pictures. I almost broke my ankle on my 3 and a half inch heels.

"You both look amazing!" Mitch exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah. Lets go." Reed seemed pretty antsy, almost as if he was hiding something, again.

Before the ceremony began, we had a few minutes to socialize with our friends, compliment each other on our hair and attire.

We formed our alphabetical line, the teachers shoving us into the crowded gymnasium filled with eager parents and family.

The whole dramatic procession in with the cliche music had to be done, which I almost broke my ankle again in the middle of it, but finally managed to find my seat. Reed was in aisle next to me, one row up. Every few seconds, he looked back to me, mouthing things like 'I love you' or drawing a heart with his hand.

Our principal gave a speech that practically put us to sleep, but eventually announced the time for the diploma.

He read off the names, one by one, reaching Reed first, a minute later finding mine.

''Pam Fleming.''

I walked up the shaky stairs to the stage, grabbing the small, rolled up certificate and scurrying away.

Minutes later, he announced,

"Presenting, the graduating class of 2013!"

The audience erupted in thunderous applause while we performed the same procedure we did to come into the gymnasium.

Mitch, Blake, and Reed's mom eventually found us among the crowds of pleased students and family, Mitch carrying Rory in his arms.

"Come here baby girl!" I took Rory, resting her on my hip.

Suddenly, I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned around, finding Sadie.

"Sadie! I haven't seen you around school at all, oddly enough."

"I know. I was out for about a month. Heart surgery."

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Who's this?" She asked in a baby voice, smiling at Rory.

"My sister! Isn't she beautiful?"

"She is!" Sadie enthusiastically agreed. "What's her name?"

"Aurora Camerynn, but we always call her Rory."

"That's precious! Look, I gotta go to a family party. Good seeing you again!"

"You too!" She waltzed away.

We didn't have much of a celebration, just a small dinner including Reed's mom, Mitch, Blake, of course Reed and I, and Kayla on video chat. She would've driven out here, but apparently she had some big exams coming up. The dinner was nothing fancy, literally just two boxes of pizza, breadsticks, and mashed potatoes.

Halfway through the meal, I excused myself to take off my incredibly itchy dress.

Once again, I heard the familiar knock on the door.

"Come in." I blankly replied.

Reed entered, wearing a pair of sweatpants and a t shirt, just like I was.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" He gestured for me to sit on the bed with him.

"Anything. I'm an open book."

"Will you promise me," he cracked open a small, velvety, black box, revealing a silver ring, "that you will commit all your love to me, when it's time?"

I nodded, though confused at why he would do this when we are only 13 and 14 years old.

He slipped the ring onto my finger.

"I love you with all my heart, mind, and soul. I know you feel the same way, and I want you to forever."

"Forever?" I questioned, hoping he would catch my hint.

"And always." He added in.