Lost and Found- Part 46

Pam's POV

I abruptly woke up to my shoulder being shaken.

"Hey babe. Dad is gonna take us home and he's gonna come back here just in case anything happens to Rory."

My hair a mangled mess, I sluggishly went to the bathroom to freshen myself up a bit.

Just before we left the hospital, I snuck behind Mitch, Blake, and Reed.

"Dr. Harrison!" I called. She jerked around, almost startled.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" I laughed. She placed her hand on her heart.

"Jesus, I thought someone was dying."

"Nah, nothing like that."

"So what's up?" She asked with a concerning tone.

"I just wanted to say thank you for saving my baby sister. Though she isn't biologically related to me, it means a lot. Thank you."

"You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to help you. After all, thats why I chose this job."

"Well I better get going, Mitch is taking me home. Thanks again!"

When we got back home, Blake immediately turned to his X-Box to keep him occupied while Reed and I went upstairs to our room.

"You seem... different." Reed stated.

"It's just Rory. I know she'll be fine, but the whole time, all I could think about was if she wasn't."

He pushed me onto our bed, laying down directly beside me.

"She's gonna be just perfect, don't worry." Gently, he kissed my forehead. I stared blankly at our white ceiling.

"What would you have done if she didn't pull through?" I questioned.

He seemed like he was taken off guard by my statement.

"Why do you say that?"

"I'm just wondering."

"Well, there would be an irreplaceable space in my heart for her, forever. But I know that she would be safe with God, so it would be fine. Besides, we would have each other to work through it."

I spun the small, silver ring around my finger.

"You'll always be here for me, right?"

"Through everything." He brushed his lips slightly on mine, stroking across hair that was strewn about my pillow. I broke away, snuggling my head into the nook between his shoulder and neck.

"I love you forever, forever and always, through the good and the bad and the ugly, we'll grow old together, forever and always. Right?" Reed asked.

"Right. Forever and always." He intertwined his fingers with mine, pulling a blanket over our shoulders.

"Why don't we get some more sleep. We've had a long day and a half so far." His thumb traced small circles over my shoulder. I let my eyes flutter shut, my world turning to black.