Lost and Found- Part 24

Pam's POV

I knew she had applied for a college in Houston when we first got here, but nothing was ever sent back until now.

"You can't be packing yet, you just got accepted, right?"

"Of course I am! I have to go in March!"

"Kayla, that's 3 months from now."

Nothing could stop her.

She continued running around the house, clearing it of her belongings. She'll just have to deal with towers of boxes in her room for the next 3 months then.

"Kayla, calm down." Mitch said, blocking the doorway to her room. "It's great that you got accepted, but you don't have to be there for three months. Just calm yourself."

She sighed.

"Fine." She trudged down to the living room, flopping on the couch.

"Lets let Kayla deal with herself. What do you say we go to the mall and go catch a movie. Sound good?" Reed always came up with the best ideas.

"Sounds perfect."

"Dad! We're going to the mall then a movie, okay?"

"Have fun, be safe!" He yelled back.

We got to the buzzing mall, swarming with after Christmas shoppers, eager for sales.

"Oh my God."

There was nearly no space to walk.

"Lets just go to American Eagle and be done, okay?"

We politely pushed our way through crowds of people, eventually making it to the escalator, barely getting out chance to travel up it, and getting inside the store.

Immediately, Reed and I went our separate ways, him going to the boys clothes, me going directly to the clearance rack. I didn't have a ton of money to blow, I was saving up.

I found a few cute tank tops, a pair of shorts, and a sundress. Reed ended up getting a t-shirt and a new cologne.

"Why all clearance?" He asked as we paid.

"Well, you never know when you'll need a little extra cash." I winked.

"Where else do you wanna go?"

"Bath and body!!"

"I'll wait outside." He sighed, and that's exactly what he did.

There were a few good sales, but nothing too great. I ended up leaving empty handed.

"Nothing?"

"No. I think we should go, it's a bit too crazy for me to handle."

"I agree. Lets go."

We obviously had to walk over to the theater. Nothing that great was playing, so we ended up settling on Skyfall.

The whole movie, Reed wasn't even paying attention. He was just staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"You're just so beautiful. I can't take my eyes off you."

He gently pressed his lips onto mine. Suddenly, he pulled away and whispered into my ear,

"I don't know what I would do without you. I love you, babe."

"I love you too, so much."

Eventually, the movie ended. Everyone else in the theater was all excited about how great it was, but I'd give it 2 1/2 stars.

We were walking home, almost getting hit by a few cars.

I flung the door open, seeing the last thing I had expected-or ever wanted- to see.