Lost and Found- Part 42

Pam's POV

'3, 2, 1, We're live!' Reed tweeted, his face appearing on the computer screen.

"Hello everyone! Can y'all see me?" I sat intently offscreen, waiting for my cue. "I know it's been a while since we've done a twitcam, but today's is special. You'll find out why in a bit. How about we start it up right away with some questions?"

He began answering nearly every question that popped up, including ones like "What do you sing in the shower?" and "Have you had sex?" The sex one was very awkward, good thing the camera wasn't good quality; Reed had a blank stare accompanied by a beet red complexion. Swiftly, he answered "NO." and kept the show on the roll.

15 minutes of an array of questions and shoutouts later, Reed announced, "Ok, I'm taking one more question, lets make it good y'all."

His eyes scanned the tweets being sent in, picking out the best.

"Ah, here we go. I have a PERFECT one. @Reedling_4_life asks 'Are you still with Pam? You haven't said anything about her for a long time?'"

He glanced over at me, discreetly holding up one finger as to signal me to hold on for one more minute.

"First things first, yes. I know she's only been in one twitcam that was extremely long ago. Some unexpected events happened, but we pulled through together." He gave me the 'come here' motion.

I slyly stepped into view of all 817 viewers.

"She's back!" Though I was still dressed up from dinner, the grainy, low quality camera didn't make me look any better.

"Hello y'all!"

I quickly glanced over the tweets being sent in, most of them reading phrases such as 'We missed you!' or 'Glad to see you!', all of that.

I had to do a double take at one tweet. I read over it again, confirming that it said, 'Go away nobody likes you'

Reed stopped in the middle his sentence, clearly noticing the hate tweet too.

"Hey, hey guys. Take it easy. I don't think I mentioned that it's her birthday. Be nice, please. Hate on me, but don't say anything to her."

All of the birthday wishes came flooding in like tsunami tides. Every single tweet in the list was relating to my birthday.

"Thank y'all so much for the wonderful tweets! I'm so lucky to have you as a second- well technically third- family."

The encouraging and positive messages shook the previous hate off my mind.

"I'm seeing some people asking how you have three families. Care to explain?" Reed questioned.

"Y'all should know everything. Well my biological family is obviously my first family. Then Reed and his family is my second, because as rumored, I do live with him for safety reasons, and my third family is the Reedlings!"

As I finished my sentence, the familiar profile picture and username popped up. 'I wish it wasn't your birthday. I wish you were never born. Go die in a hole.'

"Ok..." I said, my voice shaky, "Keep it clean, please."

'You're fat, ugly, and worthless.'

'Shower in gasoline and jump in a fire.'

'You don't deserve Reed. Kill yourself so I can have him.'

Tears brimmed my eyes.

"I'll be right back y'all..." I got up, briskly making my way to the bathroom.

Reed turned around, catching my eye with a nervous look on his face. Quickly, I left before he would see me break.

Slamming the door shut behind me, I slid down the wall, crouched up with my hands in my face, tears exploding out of me. I could feel my makeup being ruined by the second. I wheezed in and out, not in control of my hysteric breathing.

A sharp knock struck the door.

"Go away." I ordered, speaking through my pain.

The knock came again.

"I said go away."

"Let me in, please." Reed wiggled the doorknob, but having no success in opening it. "Please."

I crawled over, unlocking the door, but returning to my previous position.

"Come on." Reed commented on my shaky, fragile state. "You're really gonna let one bad person out of near 70,000 get to you? Come on. You're stronger than that."

"So what if it is one person? They have the ability to hurt like 70,000, and they've sure done a real good fucking job of it. Why don't you go back to the twitcam anyways, they all love you. I'll stay here and find a razor."

His eyes widened in fear.

"Don't you dare go find a razor." His voice, slightly shaky, cracked.

"If it's what they want, might as well."

I got up to prowl through the bathroom cabinet.

Reed angrily grabbed my wrist, putting it two inches from my eyes.

"See this? It's a clean wrist. Don't wreck it. You don't deserve to."

"Oh yeah? Why is that?"

"Because that person doesn't know what a beautiful, mature, intelligent girl you are. If it was a girl who said that, hating on you won't make me love her. Realize that you're the one I love and nobody should want to or try to change that. Please, don't harm yourself in any way possible." He glared sternly into my eyes. "For me."

I squeeze my eyes shut, one small tear rolling down my cheek, quickly being whisked away by Reed's thumb. Swiftly, I nodded my head in agreement.

He took my hand, leading me back to our bedroom where the twitcam was still live.

"Ok y'all, we're gonna sign off for tonight. Just keep in mind that words do really hurt, keep everything positive, please. Thanks for watching."