That Time of Year.

Dominique's POV ~

It was that time of year. The time where all your annoying relatives would all meet up. The time where they would judge you the most and ask if you had a boyfriend yet or in my case, a fiancee. About that, most princesses already had at least a minimum idea of who they were going to marry. It was a big thing when a Royal got engaged but I made a deal with my father, a deal that he may or may not accept but It slows down the process of me getting married a little bit.

As I was saying, All the relatives were gathered together into one big toxic mess but in this case 'the relatives' were Royals and had the power to declare war if any of them were drunk enough and some asshole bumped into them.

You get what I'm saying?

Basically, this was both the best time of year and the most dangerous.

I grab my swords out of my closet and hide them in a bag with my armor. All of the Royal families from each country had to attend even Michel so we were all told to be at our best behaviors which is like telling a non-trained dog to sit for the first time but Mom was pissed off that morning so we were determined to listen and not cause trouble.

Julian, however, was feeling the rush and wanted to kick somebody in the face to put it lightly which in any case would help him in the long run.

The hunt was basically a bunch of Royal heirs running around a "cursed" forest and hunting down the biggest thing/monster you could find. Very dangerous so not everyone put their children out there.

After the big hunt, we had a little tournament between the hunters. This was done the next day since it was a 4-day trip.

The first day would be a feast and a ball of sorts. The second would be the hunt. The third would be the tournament. And the fourth would be another feast with a real celebratory ball dedicated to the winner of the tournament and the Hunter that caught the biggest monster in the hunt which was almost always the same person.

If someone from the same house ended up fighting, It was all staged from then on. for example, If Julian and I ended up having to fight, I would have to lose since he is the Crown Prince. So, i wasn't planning to win the tournament although that just depended on whether Julian lost or not. I did have big plans for the hunt though since I've been visiting "The Cursed Forest" since I was a child.

The cursed forest is a big black forest in Vestudan. His Majesty, King Corey Lozano made a castle near it and we now host The Hunt every year since 30 years ago. The forest is filled with dark magic which is the magic that also created my swords except it was mixed in with light magic as well. there's a whole super long legend about it but basically, there was a mean nasty witch, and because one of the two kings from the past destroyed her home she built a new one and took away part of his kingdom, and when she was still alive she had a barrier around it so they couldn't do anything to it and once she dies she created a bunch of monsters to protect it.

"Dominique, Pay attention, please." Mother said as she lectured all of us on how to behave.

We go to school for a reason, mother.

Did I say that? No.

"Yes, Mother," I say as she talks to the boys.

I grab little Jaime's hand and we walk to the limo for Ice cream.

"She knows we learned all that in kindergarten, right?" she asks and I laugh