Day 2: The Hunt pt.2

Anastasia's POV ~

Mostly everyone had gotten back by now. Except for a few peasants who were just announced as missing and we were all waiting for Dominique.

"Where is she?" King Edmund whispered to himself as he looked at his son who was standing below us from the ground.

He looked up for a second before making a worried face and continued facing straight ahead along with the others that had gotten back. They each had their kill in front of them and were facing a Vestudan general who had been selected to judge the Hunt for this year.

Dominique's father was clearly worried but maintained a look of composure that could fool anyone except the ones with him who could clearly see how hard he was squeezing his own fist.

Her mother, however, seemed... unfaced. She stood quietly by his side and would often look at her eldest son. She kept a straight face and overlooked the forest, waiting patiently,

I look at my father and he kept a straight face along with my brothers as my sisters gossiped by whispering to themselves.

"Who knows maybe Ana's girlfriend really did die. It's her own fault for going in there." Lucille says to the rest of the girls

"Shut up, Lucy," Victoria says, and Rosabella looks at me.

"Be quiet," I say quietly and ignore them.

I look towards mother and she had a sour look on her face as she looked at my father and then back at the forest.

We were all quite unsettled but the worst one was probably Wyatt and the rest of her siblings beside Julian who was just standing there below.

Wyatt had been pacing for a while now at the back of the balcony along with her other siblings trying to calm him down.

I walk over there and he looks up at me.

"It's not your fault, Jesus." A curly-haired boy said with an annoyed expression but it softened as he ended his sentence

"Michel's right, Wyatt. It isn't your fault. She chose to participate in this, she could've chosen not to." A little girl says as she sat next to a tall white-haired boy.

"You're all underestimating your sister, she'll be fine." A tall muscular man said as he leaned against the wall.

Amir Ambrose

General of the Rodask's army and King Edmund's 2nd in command when it comes to Rodask's military.

"Can't you go get her?" the little girl asked and he shook his head

"She would kill me if I did that. She wanted to do this on her own."

"If I hadn't backed out of going myself, this wouldn't have happened."

"Please, Wyatt. If you had gone you'd be dead the first seconds you'd be in there." The tall white-haired boy sitting next to the little girl said.

There are only 2 princesses of Rodask. Dominique and Jamie Charlotte Heath and the white-haired boy is Lucio Heath, he's the guy Dominique is always calling. I've heard her a couple of times.

"What brings you here, Northern Princess?" Prince Lucio asked as he spotted me

"I was worried."

The general looked up at me and carefully eyed me.

"Were you now?" Prince Lucio said as he stood up.

Wyatt grabbed his arm and he shook him off sitting back down.