New York

The rustling of papers and beeping of machines filled the air of the FBI headquarters at 26th Fed, New York City. Despite the musical chirps of the birds outside, the only thing that registered in the brains of the weary agents and analysts was the tapping of keyboards. It has been several nights since the agents began their quest to gather more information about their current case. The doors to the Joint Operating Center, or what they like to call the JOC, slowly opened as a calm yet authoritative voice made the sleep-deprived agents jolt and turn to the source of the sound.

"So where are we on this serial bomber case?" assistant special agent in charge Jubal Valentine stated while he made his way to the front of the room. "We found a name for our suspect. Facial recognition ID'd him as Clinton Barnes, 28 years old," special agent and analyst Kristen Chazal declared with an underlying tone of happiness. A profile of Barnes instantly appeared at one of the big screens at the front of the JOC. "Guys, check it out. We have a name and face for our suspect. Clinton Barnes. Parents deceased. No siblings. No spouse. Has a bachelors and masters degree in Chemical Engineering. His last known was when he was 8 years old," Jubal reads. "I might have something else," Kristen replies as she stands up from her desk with her tablet. The previous profile was then replaced by a file that contained a picture of a woman and a house . "This is Julie Barnes, his mother, she's been deceased for 3 months, but the rent to her house is still being paid for," Kristen states. "Find Maggie and OA. Tell them we have a suspect and an address," Jubal ordered.

"FBI!" a team of FBI agents and SWAT announced before a loud thud came from the fallen front door of Julie Barne's house. Several yells of "clear!" travelled throughout the interior of the home as each agent examined their designated areas. "Maggie!" special agent OA Zidan's voice passed through the floorboards of the living room. Hearing this, the fair-skinned woman swiftly made her way down to the basement where the tall bearded man stood. "Woah," she gasps as she stepped off the last step of the creaky wooden staircase.

Taking in the details of her new surroundings, Maggie was left aghast. Hundreds and hundreds of pictures lined the walls of the sides of the room. Several maps of different places were plastered on the wall across the staircase that led from the trapdoor that OA found underneath the living room's bookshelf. A picture of the stadium that Clinton Barnes just blew up was taped on one of the maps with notes of the quickest route to get there from the house. In front of where the maps were displayed, a rickety wooden table was pushed against it. Maggie approached the table where OA was busy rummaging through the piles of papers and pictures that were sprawled out on the surface of the table. "What's that?" Maggie asks with curiosity. OA turns around and hands a small stack of photos to her. Her eyes trembled for what she saw were photos of the 21st district of the Chicago Police Department taken at different angles and time periods. OA then handed her a piece of paper. "It's a flight booking to Chicago dated yesterday," OA's eyes narrowed. Instantly, Maggie took her phone out of the back pocket of her jeans and dialed Valentine.

Back at the 26th Fed headquarters the agents continued their search for information about Barnes. "Jubal, I got something from the security cameras at the airport," Kristen says from her desk as footage from the airport's bustling interior appeared on the big screen. All eyes intently stared at the video, desperately trying to find any indication of Clinton. "There he is, boarding the flight," Jubal exclaimed. On the very moment the video was paused, special agents Maggie and OA marched into the JOC. "Jubal," OA called out. The shorter man turned to see OA walking up to him carrying a clear bag that stored a bunch of photos. OA swiftly laid out the photos on Jubal's desk "That's detective Upton and her team," OA deadpans . Without saying a word, Jubal started to head to the office of special agent in charge, Isobel Castille. Even though tension gathered in his core, Jubal still gave a knock on the door before he barged in."Jubal," Isobel acknowledges as she looks up from her paperwork. "He's targeting the intelligence unit of Chicago's 21st district," Jubal quickly states. Upon hearing this, the eyes of the raven-haired woman widened. "Tell Maggie and OA, we're going to Chicago."