Tick Tock

Just after witnessing her friend's lifeless body get dragged out of the room, a grim silence surrounded the room. The blonde stared at the spot where her brunette friend once sat. 'I could've done something to stop him. Why didn't I do anything? What is he doing with Vanessa? Is she...' She immediately shook her head at the terrible thoughts that were starting to form in her head. Suddenly, her head snapped towards the direction of the door as it swung open again. This time her captor no longer had a kit with him and instead he had already prepared a syringe full of something that she knew was to sedate her. "Where is she?!" she snarled at him. She didn't care about what was going to happen to her, she cared more about what the man did to her friend. The man's silent reply annoyed the blonde's being. She aggressively tried to break free from her chains again. She hoped that this time it would instantaneously have rusted from her first attempt. It didn't work, but she didn't give up that easily as she continued to try. In the midst of her struggle, she felt a prick by the side of her neck. She took a sharp intake of breath as she felt her body slowly go limp. Her efforts of breaking free dwindled as her visions turned to blur. She tried to give her captor one last dirty look to let him know that he was not going to win this. A smirk appeared on his face and she knew that her message was received. However, she didn't get to celebrate this little accomplishment any longer as her sight of the room turned to darkness.

Along the streets of Chicago, an unmarked van can be seen snaking its way through the traffic. It took a right turn and arrived at the open front of a decaying building. The vehicle parked parallel to the main entrance. The driver hopped out of the car looking around at his surroundings before circling the van to get to the other side. He slid the sliding door open and discreetly pulled a lifeless body of a blonde out. He slowly dragged her by the shoulder into the building. The woman's eyes slowly opened as she was being pulled. She felt weary, but she could see the man's arms around her. The only thing her brain managed to register is that this man didn't have any watch around either of his wrists, so his threat a while ago was a hoax. Her feeling of weariness overcame her as her eyelids closed shut once again. When her eyelids started to open once more, the man's arms were replaced with a vest with wires sticking out of blocks. Her eyes widened and her drowsy feeling was flushed out as she came to a realization of what was on her... an explosive belt. Her breathing got heavy as the feeling of being on the brink of death took over her. The man's taunting words made her head slowly look up from her vest. "Hickory dickory dock. The bomb has a timer. The timer went zero. The city went boom. Hickory—"

"Where is she?!" she snapped at him without waiting for him to finish his taunts. The maN narrowed his eyes, but he seemed to not mind her snapping at him. "You don't need to worry about her anymore. I already took care of her." The blonde's insides churned at his words. 'He took care of her? I just saw her again and now...Is she gone... forever this time?' The man chuckled at her bleak expression. "Hickory dickory dock. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock," the captor finished his rhyme before leaving the stunned woman alone. Hailey's mind flooded with thoughts of Vanessa, her guilt of not keeping her safe, and her mistake of not telling Jay about her plans. The sound of muffled screams through the thin walls of the room snapped her back from her thoughts. Her head swiftly moved towards the directions of the sound, but she didn't hear anything anymore. Her mind told her that it might just be her imagination playing tricks on her, but her heart gave her the hope she needed. Her eyes sparked with determination to find out more about her sudden hunch of the situation. 'Barnes told me that he took care of her... but he could've just lied to me.' The more she thought about her best friend being alive, the more she gained the will to live. She started examining the bomb strapped around her and relief filled her system as she discovered that she knew exactly what to do.