{one}

Snow fell gently upon the palace of 'Cupcake Lane' where the Prince and Princess' palace stood as glorious as ever

The flakes mingled in a waltz as they descended from the sky so gracefully, making the imaginary world that Miyoung and Jeno had created even more realistic.

Actually, the palace aforementioned was in Jeno's back garden in the form of a tree house that the boy's father had built for the pair.

The golden crown that Miyoung refused to part with when in company of her closest friend, was indeed a plastic one from the store down the road.

At six years of age, the young girl was the only person that Lee Jeno would speak with openly.

This caused great hope for his parents who were actually very close with the Kims, hence the pair had grown up together from a very young age.

With an ecstatic smile tugging at her lips, Miyoung threw herself at 'the Prince' who, with an equally as contagious smile, hugged her back. They relished in the moment, where the snow fell and decorated their 'palace' with a thin layer of sugary white so beautifully.

"Love you Jeno," the younger whispered, kissing the taller boy on the cheek teasingly. Although they were young, they were aware of the bond they shared, and not once did Miyoung take it for granted.

•  。• 。•

Eleven years later...

"You and that Lee Jeno kid used to be friends when you were younger, right?" Hana mumbled while resting her chin on her hand to inspect the said boy who had entered the canteen.

With a gentle hum, Miyoung tore her gaze from the unpalatable food on her plate to the handsome ravenette who had his eyes glued to the floor - as always.

"What was he like as a kid...? I mean, I haven't heard him speak in the three years that I've been in this school," the younger girl continued, still staring intently at the blissfully unaware boy.

"He was special."

Everyone at the table glanced at the girl upon hearing the quiet response they received, brows furrowed confusedly.

"I mean, he and I were super close...but times have changed I guess," she quietly added, not wanting to look up into the judging eyes of the 'popular' group of girls she sat among.

"Anyway," she started, standing up from the chair and flinching as it was pushed back eliciting a loud screeching noise. "I'm just going to grab the books for the next three classes. I'll catch you all later."

Without meeting their eyes, Miyoung walked away from the canteen, stealing one last glance at the boy she missed very much. Lee Jeno.

With a small frown prominent on her face, she turned the corner, not noticing the lifeless eyes that followed her desperately.

"Mi?" Jeno quietly whispered while sitting on his lonesome by the wall. He shook his head, knowing that it was him at fault for the separation of soulmates of sorts.

He could only dream of approaching the beautiful young lady she had become over the past four years of his ignorance.

"I miss you."