{ten}

"Where's our treehouse?" Miyoung quipped, poking the food on her plate with her fork while looking to the family for answers

"Where's our treehouse?" Miyoung quipped, poking the food on her plate with her fork while looking to the family for answers. "Is it still in the back?"

Mr. Lee nodded hesitantly, a frown tugging at his lips as he flicked his gaze to his quiet son.

"It's a bit worse for wear if I'm being honest, but my little Mi is free to help me rebuild it," he offered, watching as the enthusiastic girl nodded while picking up a piece of broccoli and giving the older man a thumbs up for confirmation.

"And Jen can help too, hmm?" She nudged the ravenette, attempting to elicit a reaction from the straight-faced boy who only nodded gently, not a noise escaping his lips.

She frowned with a bit of disappointment, but assured that the taller didn't see.

"Well, can we start Monday?" She leaned forward of her elbow before extending forward her hand, as if they were making a business deal.

Mr. Lee copied her actions, sending her a friendly wink before shaking her hand.

"Deal, Partner."

Oh how Miyoung had missed this friendly banter.

• 。• 。•

Dinner had finished up, and while the parents had their 'adult talk' the two teens headed up to Jeno's bedroom which was pristine - unlike most teenage boys.

It was as of the awkward tension that the pair had shared at dinner had merely been ripped away as Jeno relaxed in her presence.

"What's up?" She whispered, head resting on his chest as they lay on his bed watching the sky light that shone a beautiful galaxy pattern onto his ceiling. "You seem down."

The older hummed quietly, the lump in his throat seeming suffocating as it became stuck. He knew that attempting to swallow it would result in tears, and he didn't want to seem that weak.

"Nothing much," he choked out, only gripping onto her shoulder tighter subconsciously. "Just have a lot of thoughts on my mind."

"What thoughts? I can be your agony aunt of sorts."

A silence followed her encouraging words.

Don't! She doesn't need to get involved. No matter how much he tried to convince himself that including Miyoung in his life problems would only hurt her, he still found himself curling in, hugging her and burying his face in her neck.

His emotions which had skilfully been locked up for years came rushing out, not even giving either time to comprehend.

"Jen," she whispered with a hoarse voice. Instead of trying to console him with useless words of false assurance, she carded her fingers through his black hair, trying to relive the boy of some stress.

"Why do I feel like this?"