{thirteen}

"Miyoung?!" His mother called from downstairs, interrupting the embracing pair

Jeno coughed awkwardly, his cheeks becoming a bright red colour as he thought through what he both did and said to his childhood friend.

Miyoung, on the other hand, felt like a small bit of progress had been made with him, since this had been the most communication that they had shared in years.

"Well I guess I should head home." Jeno nodded along, pulling himself off the bed to follow her out.

"Want me to walk you home?" He quietly asked with a small pout tugging at his lips. Miyoung had to ignore the butterflies that erupted in her tummy when Jeno looked at her.

"I can't say no to that."

And so, as she got downstairs, they were met with Mr and Mrs Lee bidding her goodbye for the night.

"Feel free to come over at any time that you want," his mother had offered whilst she held Miyoung's hand gently. "And Mi." She pulled the taller in close, whispering a quick 'thank you' in her ear before placing a chaste kiss upon the younger's cheek and sending her on her way with Jeno.

There was a gentle breeze cutting through the air on the darkening summer night. Miyoung inhaled a fresh breath of air before twirling around and exhaling.

"I love summer. Don't you?" She mumbled, running to catch up with Jeno who had powered on ahead. "Hey! Wait up."

Jeno chuckled at the girl's childish antics but still halted, waiting for her to run along side him.

"Do you remember when we used to get ice-cream there?" He whispered quietly, pulling the shorter's attention from her nails and to him.

"I always got peppermint and you always got two scoop chocolate and strawberry," she replied, looking to the rundown ship which had clearly been closed for some time.

"Or when we used to run here," he pressed, pointing down a darkened alleyway which surprisingly led to a lovely park that the pair used to play in.

"And we'd race, but you always lost on purpose for me," she reminisced. Her heart had a warm feeling, one that reminded her of all the things they had done together and how close they had truly been.

"Or when Snood would come with us to the playground around the corner," he continued, grabbing ahold of the younger's wrist and pulling her away from the park they had strolled to and around the corner to the cute little playground aforementioned.

Upon arrival, Miyoung raced to the swing and sat on it before pushing against the ground for a steady rhythm of swinging.

The third time she swung back, Jeno propelled her forward, listening with great joy as she giggled like she used to when they were younger.

Had much really changed between them?

After about ten minutes of playing around like time hadn't caught them up, Jeno and Miyoung continued in their way to the younger's house which was actually only a brief walk.

"Thank you Jen," she whispered as they stood in front of the door, hands interlaced. "I really enjoyed today and our little trip down memory lane."

The ravenette smiled a genuine smile to the shorter, who stood on the tips of her toes to plant a small kiss upon his reddening cheeks.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

She turned on her heel and pushed the door open, only stealing one last glance at the boy before whispering a small 'get home safely' as she entered her home.

She stood there momentarily, her back against the door and her heart pounding wildly in her chest.

"Lee Jeno," she whispered, eyes filling with tears as she thought of the boy who had started on his way home. "Why do I miss you so much?"