{five}

"Miyoung," one of the girls called out, hands slamming down on her table to snap her from her trance of sorts

"Miyoung," one of the girls called out, hands slamming down on her table to snap her from her trance of sorts. "We're heading out for lunch...you coming?"

Miyoung looked up to the taller, a dazzling smile finding its way to her face as she let her thoughts drift away from the convenience store encounter the night before.

She stood up from her seat, gathering her books together and nodding cutely in agreement.

"Wanna stop at your locker first?"

With another short nod, Miyoung followed the girls out to the bustling hallways where they fought against the students to get to the lockers.

Sighing gently after the endeavour was done, the young teen fiddled with the stubborn lock, a pout tugging at her lips as she struggled to open the damn thing.

"What the fuck is wrong with this shit?!" She yelled, drawing the attention of the hall dwellers who stood by air conditioning desperately.

Ignoring their curious gazes, she stood back and kicked the locker, not even flinching at the sound that reverberated through the hall. With a satisfied smile, she took the broken lock off and watched the door hang limply.

"Seriously, Miyoung? Again?" Hana chuckled, placing her hand on the shorter's shoulder. "Your anger amuses me."

Not much more was said as she placed the books back into the unit and slammed it shut, watching as the door hung from its hinges, as if it was begging the girl to stop the abuse.

She merely shrugged at this though, knowing that her metalwork teacher would simply make her fix it during class. She'd rather do that than any strenuous work anyway.

"I need to grab my pencil case from the classroom quickly, but I'll meet you guys in the canteen," she mumbled when she finally did rejoined the group of five girls. They each nodded, not paying much mind to her as they strolled off, too indulged in the boy talk they shared to to care for Miyoung's absence.

Hana turned to give her a thumbs up before turning the corner and disappearing with the rest of them.

Immediately, Miyoung felt her smile drop to a scowl as she loosened her tie.

"Fucking bitches," she whispered while walking down the hallway in the opposite direction to retrieve the needed item.

The majority of the students had been pushed into the canteen where the only real source of noise was coming from, so Miyoung's previous struggle of fighting the crowds no longer existed. Now the only people who stood or sat in the halls were either the loners or the intellects who were too invested in their studies to consider entering the chaotic canteen.

Her attention was snatched by a very familiar ravenette, one that seemed to hold her thoughts way too much, especially recently.

She tore her eyes away from Jeno who was sitting with his back against his locker and his earplugs in his ears head resting against the chipped, blue storage unit.

His eyes were closed and his lips parted, almost as if he was asleep, but Miyoung knew him too well. He simply didn't trust the human race enough to let his guard down in such a densely populated place.

"Leave him be," she encouraged, hands becoming fists by her side. "He left you so you shouldn't even think about him."

It seemed her words were for naught for her body pushed her in his direction anyway.

After cussing herself out in her mind for doing such a thing, she decided that instead of turning away and running from the unaware boy, that she would use this time to actually connect with him.

"Hey Jen," she whispered, knowing that he wouldn't have heard her. "Jen?" This time her voice came out louder, making the older's eyes snap open in fear, although he visibly relaxed upon seeing who it was.

It seemed that their encounter the night before had rekindled a want for both of them. After not speaking to each other for years, she suddenly wanted to sit with him without the exchange of words...just as he liked it.

"May I join you?"

After a few moments of blinking rapidly to see if the girl in front of him was real, he nodded wordlessly, pulling his right earplug out and offering it to her as he did when they were younger.

Almost as if time hadn't passed them by, and they hadn't grown apart, Miyoung took a seat, placing the device in her ear before copying what Jeno had previously been doing - resting her head against the locker.

The older found himself staring at her in disbelief. This wasn't really happening, was it? Although he felt relieved that she would even look at him again, he couldn't help the dread that grew in his heart.

"Shut your thoughts up, Jeno," she sassily hissed.

"Someone hasn't changed."

She shrugged at this comment, but smiled when she felt him rest his head against their shoulder.

"Neither have you...you baby."