{nine}

The door flew open revealing a very pleased Mrs

The door flew open revealing a very pleased Mrs. Lee who clapped her hands elatedly as she viewed the trio before her.

"My sweet Miyoung!" She exclaimed with teary eyes, lunging forward to hug the said girl with no sign of letting go.

"Hey Mrs. Lee. Good to see you," the younger replied while she wrapped her arms around the woman's back and embraced her willingly. "I've missed you all so much."

Miyoung was feeling quite emotional being back here. It was as if the years that had past them by never existed, and that she and Jeno had never drifted so far apart.

She refused to cry though. She couldn't upset the clearly sensitive woman.

"Oh Miyoung!" The woman exclaimed while standing back to admire the beautiful teen. "You've gotten so big, haven't you?"

"Well I'm not twelve anymore, am I?" She joked, still fighting the threatening tears that welled in her eyes.

"Come in, come in," the older rushed, pushing the younger inside before grabbing onto Mr and Mrs Kim's arms and pulling them in too.
"I've prepared so much food for us all."

The family stepped inside, closing the door behind them and following their friend to the kitchen where everything was set out so neatly and prettily.

"Wow," Miyoung gasped, seeing all the different varieties of cuisine that her Godmother had made. "This is amazing!"

She wasn't left to dwell on her thoughts for much longer a soft pattering of footsteps clicked from the stairs.

Miyoung's spun on her heel, immediately melting at the sight of her childhood friend.

Even if the pair had spoken quite a bit over the past few days, she still couldn't conquer the heartwarming sensation she experienced when he would look at her through his exceedingly long raven locks.

"Mi," he whispered as he made it to the bottom of the stairs. It was barely noticeable but due to its rareness, the whole room lit up with the slight grin the teen wore.

"My Godson!" Mr. Kim cooed, running towards the much taller but lankier boy. "I missed you so much, Jen."

Jeno accepted the embrace. He wasn't a very affectionate person and nor was he talkative, but these people had been as close as family his whole childhood and he couldn't deny that he had missed all of them a lot.

Miyoung stood still while she watched her parents overwhelm a taken aback Jeno who merely blushed at all their comments on his undeniably good looks.

Finally, after ten minutes of exchanging children and a lot of cooing, the families took their seats at the table, sharing stories and laughing at the stupid jokes here and there. A dinner full of reminiscing really.

It only seemed to be Miyoung who noticed how quiet Jeno had become. So while the parents conversed, she looped her arm around his shoulder and leaned against him. She knew what he wanted and it wasn't words.

Jeno visibly relaxed to this and placed his chin upon her head, enjoying how close he could be with her after such a long time of distance.

Again, as he thought of his efforts, he felt that same dread that visited him often. The last thing he had wanted was to hurt Miyoung, yet it seemed no matter what course of action played out, pain would follow.

"Thanks Mi."

"For what?"

"Just....thanks."