4

I stare at Daisuke in silence as the fear and anger envelopes me. There's no way he could've found out this information. I made sure that even my work didn't know my true identity..so how did some rich jackass get this information. My hand starts to shake as my nerves get the best of me. He could see that I was frazzled by this unexpected event. And when he says I'm not a murderer, you could see some sincerity in his eyes. He must be mocking me. Knowing about what happened years ago with Luke. The knife falls out of my hand, crashing onto the floor with a loud clash against the hardwood. I take a couple steps back, gripping onto my arms like a child scared of the dark. Daisuke doesn't move, only observing me even more. At this moment I wanted to abandon the mission and disappear again, but so many lives were on the line and I had to put them all first before myself. I calm my nerves the best I could and straighten myself up. I turn my back to him and stare out of the huge window that overlooks the city.

"You don't know anything about me." I bluntly say, hoping Haru would hurry back to break this tension.

Daisuke walks over to my left side, pulling out a cigar from his pocket and firmly grasps it between his lips. He looks out the window as well. "I know more than you would ever know, but I don't go around telling people others business unless I have to."

I glare at him, my eyes burning into his as I steady myself from shivering in fear. I don't want anyone knowing the true me. I can't let my family know I'm alive and they get dragged into my career. The amount of enemies I have...they would kill every single person I'm ever associated with. "Do you think this is a game? Messing with my personal life? What gives you the right to go and snoop into my personal information, which is impossible to find in the first place?"

Daisuke sighs, taking his cigar and twirling it around his fingers. "I always find information on people I work with. Your information was nearly impossible to find, but possible." He raised his hand, gently touching the curl of hair that ran down my cheek. My body froze as his fingertips slightly touch my skin. He smirks, taking his hand away and placing it in his pocket. "This wig doesn't suit you either. Look, I'm not here to ruin you and tell others about you. You just need to trust me."

I scoff, placing the strand of hair he touched behind my ear. I guess my wig wasn't as real looking as I hoped. "You basically broke that trust bubble as soon as you began snooping on my life....you know what? Forget this. I'll work on this case alone, even if that means losing Haru as a partner. Just....get out."

Daisuke's eyes grow a tad wide, not expecting her sudden defeat. He didn't think she would fall apart like this over her true self, but he was wrong. "You need our help."

"What I need is for you to leave before I really get angry. Tell Haru I'm sorry but this just isn't going to work. Goodbye." I follow him out of my suite, watching as he doesn't turn back around. I slam the door behind him and fall to my knees. Grabbing my wig, I rip it off my head, flinching as strands of my real hair fall with the wig onto the ground. Tears form into my eyes and fear engulfs me as I imagine what would happen to my family and associates. I unstrap my stilettos and throw them across the room, hearing them crash to the floor. I hear a knock at the door and quickly lock it so no one could walk in. I look through the peep hole and see Haru standing there. "Go away Haru."

"What happened between you two? I leave you guys alone for 5 minutes and now you want to work alone? What's going on?" I could hear the concern in Haru's voice. I wish I was able to trust him but there's no one I could ever trust..not any more. "I'll talk to the chief tomorrow. I'm just going to work alone on this case. You just...you won't understand. Just go." I stand there for a couple minutes, listening to the footsteps outside the door go further and further away. Looking out the peephole, I see he is gone. I brush my long (h/c) hair to one side and try to unzip my dress, but have no luck reaching it. Walking up the stairs I go to my bedroom and stand in front of the big mirror, trying to see if I can see where the zipper is. Finally reaching it, I unzip myself and throw on shorts and a tank top. All I wanted to do was sleep but I didn't eat all day so I make my way back down to get something from the kitchen. I notice familiar men sitting on my couch, staring over at me...the real me. My eyes widen and my body completely freezes in its tracks. It's been years since anyone has seen the real me and I was terrified that everything I worked for would be over starting tonight.

"So this is the real..you." Haru chokes out, trying to understand why such a beautiful girl would disguise herself so much. He couldn't believe how laid back she was by her t-shirt and shorts, and her messy hair flowing down her shoulder. Daisuke smokes his cigar, watching as I slowly walk over to them. There was no way of hiding myself now from the two. Daisuke already knew too much and Haru...there's no way I could end his life. I couldn't even end Daisuke's as bad as I thought I wanted to. I sit down across from them, grabbing the blanket beside me and throwing it over myself. "Was this the police departments trick all along? Was this mission a fake to where you could get info on the worlds best agent and bring me down? What is this?"

Haru stared at me with a confused look. He looks over at Daisuke, who silently hits his cigar over and over. Haru sighed, shaking his head. "Daisuke has an A.I system HEUSC that can basically bring up information on everything and everyone. He must of done that to you I assume." I look over at Daisuke, grinding my teeth. "Yes but I have no clue how you could've gotten all this information on me. I had most of it obliterated."

"It never disappears." Daisuke says calmly. I look down at my hand that slightly trembled. I hide them underneath the blanket and sigh. "I have many..many enemies all around the world. They all pretty much want me dead and you could've just gave them a beacon to find me or hack into your own system to get my real information. And you just probably endangered yourself, your friends, you family as well as mine. Do you even care what you've done?" I scold Daisuke, knowing his stubborn ass wouldn't care about any of this. Haru's face falls, showing he was a tad frightened by my words. He wasn't expecting all of that but it was the truth.

Daisuke leans on the arm of the couch, still staring at me intensely. "You don't know about your family?"

His words cause my heart to pound. Looking up at him, I could see some sadness in his eyes, similar to when I mentioned his parents before. He knew something about them that I didn't know. Once I ran away I never kept up with what they did, avoiding them completely to keep them safe. I didn't want to know but something in his eyes were telling me I had to know. "What do you know?"

His eyes leave mine, staring out the window to his right. "Your family was killed a year ago in a house fire. Police said the fire was intentional and they still haven't found who started it. It's still an open case. It's the same group who killed your fiance Luke Adkins three years ago."

Haru's face falls into despair, watching as the tears flow down my face. I burst into tears over the information, wanting nothing more than to just disappear. I knew I should of kept my eye on my family but something in me told me not to. Fear? Regret? Disappointment? Whatever it was, it was now pointless. Everyone that I ever loved was gone. I just felt this was a cruel joke being played on me, but I could tell Daisuke was telling the truth.

Haru and Daisuke watched as (y/n) cried and fell apart. Haru wanted nothing more than to help, but he was so disgusted by Daisuke that he just decided to leave. He didn't want to be a bother and wanted to give (y/n) the time she needed. He watched as Daisuke doesn't move from the couch, still watching the girl break down.

I ignore the fact that Haru leaves my suite, leaving Daisuke alone with me again. I didn't care or have the energy to even try to kick him out, I just couldn't stop my emotions from pouring out. I choke back my tears, trying to get some sort of word out to him. "W-why....just leave." I cried out, shoving my face into my blanket.

Daisuke knew exactly what she was feeling. He knew the pain of losing his parents. He regretted coming out with the information so fast but he knew she needed to know. She didn't need to hide herself anymore. He knew exactly who killed her parents and her ex lover. His heart pounded in his chest, watching the beautiful girl destroy herself over regret and pain. He vowed to himself that he would do whatever it takes to find the bastards who did this to her and kill them himself.